5. Not a fan of new things

Don't do this to yourself. Beca said to herself for the millionth time.

She was at the back of the stage listening to some guy perform a Kelly Clarkson song. Listening closer her eyes went wide. "Holy fuck, is that Benji?"

"All right. That is everybody." A dude said. Beca spotted Chloe sitting next to Aubrey in the front row. Chloe's look of disappointment somehow didn't go unnoticed by the brunette. Well, she never promised she was coming to audition.

Before she knew it, everyone was leaving and she felt a bit relieved yet sad. She's never sang in front of people, at least not more than two humans at the same time. Yes, she was shy and yes she felt scared to audition but she's always loved stages.

It was calling her.

She looked around the room to see if anyone was still there. A song won't hurt anyone.

Seeing no one was in the room, Beca slowly walked to the centre of the stage and took a yellow cup from one of the desks in front of the small stage. Unsure of what she was about to do she let her thoughts slide past her and hit the cup against the wooden floor in a pattern that began to have shape, her beautiful voice then started to echo around the auditorium.

"Bree you can't be picky this year, not after the show you gave last year." Chloe said walking next to her friend outside the auditorium. "You either pick the crying girl or nobody."

Aubrey turned her head only narrowing her eyes at Chloe.
They entered the machine room in the auditorium to turn off the lights, since they had to close it.

"Chloe it's not like we're desperate or anything." She said, earning a raised eyebrow from the redhead.

"Well, a new fit singer won't show up just like that." Chloe said snapping her fingers.

"Or will she?" Aubrey said looking through the polarized window. Chloe looked at her confused until she heard a beautiful voice sing.

"Beca?" They both said in surprise.

The two friends or cousins, whatever you think is better, slowly walked near Beca and sat on one of the seats where there wasn't any light.

"You're gonna miss me by my hair, you're gonna miss me everywhere.
Oh I'm sure you're gonna miss me when I'm gone." A little smile grew on Beca's face as she finished the song.

Chloe was about to say something but she was surprised when her cousin spoke first. "Not bad at all, Mitchell."

Beca's eyes went wide and her face became paler than usual. She quickly threw the cup and turned around to make her way out. Making her way to the back door she spotted her best friend staring at her in surprise.

JESSE'S HERE AS WELL?! She said to herself when she met her friend's gaze.

Beca made her way outside as fast as she managed, then she heard Chloe's voice calling her but she ignored it and kept walking.
Suddenly, everything went black.

Panic rushed through her body. She couldn't scream it was physically impossible for her, something was in her mouth. She tried to fight and free herself. She started sweating; she felt the little ball of angst in her throat.

"Seriously Aubrey? The bag?" She heard her math partner say. She then relaxed a bit.

"It's a Bella tradition." Aubrey replied.

Beca placed her feet firmly on the floor, making Aubrey lose a bit of strength. Then, she grabbed Aubrey's hand and turned around, putting the blonde's arm behind her own back, making her fall.

"Dude what the fuck?" The tiny but no so weak brunette said taking the bag off her head.

Chloe was speechless. Was she supposed to say something? It was impossible to know Beca was THAT strong and fast.

"Thanks for helping Chlo." Aubrey mumbled getting on her feet.

Beca looked at Chloe in disbelief. "You could harm someone by doing this, Aubrey what the fuck?!" She said impatient.

"Well." Chloe started awkwardly. "We have this Bella tradition where when we chose a newbie, we put a bag on her head and take her to the place where we practice."

"But obviously you ruined your surprise." Aubrey added.

"I'm not going to be part of that group." Beca could sense Chloe's sadness when those words fell from her mouth.

"Hobbit please, you actually have..." The blonde couldn't believe what she was about to say. "A good voice and we need you."

"Are we desperate?" Beca crossed her arms, smirking at the blonde. "Would you take a "dyke"?" The smaller teenager said making air quotes. "In your fucked up group?"

Aubrey's face was red by now, and Chloe was confused, she didn't know if she was surprised for the fact that Beca called herself dyke, which means she's gay, or because her cousin said that.

"How do you...?" Aubrey started but Beca cut her off.

"We go to the same school, Posen." Beca started to turn around, walking away from the pair that was in front of her.

"Beca." Chloe suddenly said, she didn't know how, but she made Beca stop and turn around, facing the redhead. "You just said it, we're a ruined group because a little mistake that happened last year. Now we have bad fame and almost nobody wanted to audition. Please help us."

Beca found hard to say no to Chloe. Her puppy eyes were shinning with a little glint of hope. Before she could answer, Chloe was already walking away from her. "I'm looking forward to see you today at the practice."

Beca stood there; she wasn't sure what she was supposed to do. She really liked the new friendship she was building with Chloe and she gave her this vibe, this vibe that makes you feel that someone is so pure and deserves nothing but the best.

Beca walked to her house,having an internal battle with herself.