Liam put me down slowly and turned around to look at the owner of the voice. Max! Only one word kept on repeating itself over and over again in my mind. That word started with the letter of s and ended with a t.

All that times you've openly said that word out loud, you.. what? Ashamed of telling it again? My inner conscience started taunting me.

Just shut up! Shit just got real. Happy?

I looked at Max, my eyes widening in fright.

"What? You thought I wouldn't know. I can hear you giggling like crazy from my bedroom window." Max shook his head at me, like he couldn't believe that I would do something like that to him.

"What? No -

"Hey, I'm not that old! I'm only 22 years old." Liam shouted back defensively after getting over the shock that someone called him old. I face palmed myself mentally. 

"Maybe, it's because of my growing beard! Thinking about that, I really need to shave it off -

"You could have done better, Shelly!" Max snarled slowly while putting great emphasis on my name, making me feel chilly all of a sudden.

"What do you mean?", Liam said through gritted teeth, suddenly getting in his over protective mode.

"Calm down, guys!" I uttered in disbelief at their reaction while rolling my eyes at Liam.

I was clearly not expecting this, they were both acting like toddlers fighting over some lollipops.

"What? Huh? What -

"The guts of this guy!" Max yelled through clenched teeth and took a threatening step forward, towards Liam and the latter gladly returned the gesture, clearly not liking the fact that Max called him an old guy or the fact that Max was talking rubbish about me.

Poor bro! He's got his ego bruised by someone younger than him. Boys and their egos. I would have laughed at the face of my brother but I know better than to laugh in such a situation.

"Guys, wait! Let me explain." I muttered quietly and slowly, trying not to fuel the fire which was rapidly spreading between them and hesitantly got in between them.

However, they both ignored me. What the hell? Hello, I'm right here. Can't you, guys, see me already? Hey?!They were both having a stare off, glaring at each other. Max's eyes hardening more in anger.

"What? What will you do?" Liam taunted him again.

Uh-huh! Don't do this, Liam. Did mama never tell you that you shouldn't taunt the already angered hulk? But I really don't know who I should be more scared of. Max or Liam?

When I glanced at Liam to warn him, I saw him smirking, a mischievous glint flickering in his eyes. I know this look. He was messing up with Max.

Oh boy! You shouldn't be playing with fire.

"Liam!" I whined when I got tired of their staring contest and pushed him away from Max, my palms firmly pressed against his chest but he did not move an inch.

Ugh! Boys and their built up body muscles.

Max grunted in annoyance, making me look at him questioningly.

He was glaring at my hands, like he was testing if he could burn them with his darkly narrowed eyes and remove their contact with Liam's chest. This did not go unnoticed by my brother. I retreated backwards quickly but Liam, my stupid idiot like brother pulled me towards him. Ugh!

"Who the hell is he? Why is he behaving like this? Wait, first of all, what is he doing in our house?" Liam grumbled, clearly tired at the way Max is behaving.

"What? You let this stranger stay at your place? I can't believe this. You -

Max reached out for me but Liam tightened his hold around my shoulders.

"Of course we live together because I'm his -

"What? Boyfriend? No, you aren't. I'm the boyfriend." Max chided back and managed to somehow pulled me in his arms.

"Boyfriend?" Liam gasped while turning to face me, his eyes wide in utter disbelief and shock.

"No way! You have to be at least 105 years old to fall for a guy!", Liam says, his voice firm, like that was his final decision.

Max glanced in between us confusingly, deep in thoughts.

"105... what?! I'll be dead by then!" my mouth popping opened at Liam.

I tried to untangle myself from Max to jump on top of my brother to beat the living daylights out of him but in vain.

"Leave me, Max. I need to -

"Yeah, leave my sister alone and get the hell out of here and yeah, don't let me see you near her ever again!" Liam cut me off once again.

"beat that little ass of my brother!" I continued once he stopped over exaggerating causing him to gasp in fear.

"W-What? No! Don't listen to her, man!" Liam rambled while eyeing my bedroom door, clearly thinking of his escape plan.

Nuh-huh! Out of question, Liam. You're not getting out of this.

Max gave me a sheepish smile once he realized his mistakes.

I rolled my eyes at him while still trying to get out of his grasp.

"I begged of you, please, don't release that ball of fire my way. She's really a handful when she's angry and no. No! No! Don't you dare -

Max snickered while loosening his hold around my waist. He gave me a wink with a go-get-him look on his face. I smirked and with that, I jumped on Liam who was wailing and screaming like a baby whale.

Hah! I know what Max is thinking about right now.

Payback is a bitch.

Indeed.

•••••••

Question 1 : What skill would you like to master?

Question 2 : Who's your go to band or artists when you can't decide on something to listen to?

Remember : The next chapter will be dedicated to the one who comments his/her answers first.

See you soon!