Chapter sixty-eight

Dedicated to him messyxscribler , the one who has been a great supporter, a great friend and a great reader! Thanks for the love and support. It means a lot to me, ❤

And yeah, stop being ghost readers, please!

•••••••••••••

I loosened my arms from around his neck and pulled apart but he embraced me once again, this hug lasting even more longer than the first one.

"Max? What's wrong?" I asked him softly.

He only tightened the hug in response and exhaled slowly while keeping his chin on top of my left shoulder. I leaned more into him, feeling the need to comfort him all of a sudden. I pressed the side of my face to his and sighed in relief. It feels great, being held in his arms like that. I wish I could stay like this forever.

After what feels like an eternity in his arms, when it was only a little bit longer than the first hug that we shared, he pulled away slowly but kept me at an arm distance, facing me face to face. He opened his mouth to say something but did not say anything, and looked away, an undecided look on his face.

"Max" I grabbed his chin and made him look at me directly.

"I-I don't know if I should tell you this after seeing your reaction about Blake's job." he stuttered and gulped hard.

"What is it, Max?" I asked him even though I could feel my heart beat increasing at what he's about to tell me.

"No! I-I don't think that would be a great thing to do right now." he shook his head negatively but I made him look at me again.

"Tell me, Max!" I sort of demanded, well, it's high time that I learn about the whole truth and I think that I've already prepared myself for it.

Better late than never, right?

Yeah, Shelly. It's now or never.

Little did I know that I was not ready at all.

"My father... my father is the one...." he trailed off and got up.

I sighed dejectedly and clasped my hands together while looking down. He kept pacing around my bedroom but I stayed quiet. I think I should at least give him some time to think. I got up and sped walked towards the door to go get something to eat from the kitchen.

However, as soon as I grabbed the door handle to twist it around, he was right by my side, looking at me worriedly. He pulled me away from the door and I frowned at his actions.

"W-Where are you going?" he stuttered once again.

"I was just going to -

I was cut off when I was once again, engulfed in a tight hug. Before I could ask him what was wrong, he rushed out whatever that was going on in his mind, making me gasp. I did not what to feel. I felt a kind of numbness on my whole body and I just could not feel anything.