Chapter sixty-six

Hello guys...

Kris Wu as Blake Zachary Davis above...

Wow! After such a long time! Well, since my exams are over, we'll be meeting quite often now.. I can now concentrate fully on my stories.. Well, that's all I've got to do while I'm staying at home because I can't remain idle while I wait for my final results..

This chapter is dedicated to Marwa_batool

Happy reading ^^

•••••••••••••

Why am I being such a coward?

No, compose yourself, Shelly.

I opened my eyes when I heard Blake snorting in disbelief, almost like he was laughing at me.

You have Max with you, Shelly.

Yeah, I have Max with me.

I raised my head to show him that I'm not afraid but he glanced sideways arrogantly before raising one eyebrow at me, as if questioning my guts.

Blake is an Asian guy with dark maroon hair sporting the classic thin white singlet, ripped faded blue jeans and his black leather jacket hanging off his shoulders. He portrayed the stereotypical image of a bad boy. Well, what was I expecting?

Max pulled back after some time but kept his left arm around the back of my waist. For once, I did not look down, instead I looked right back at Blake who had a fixed gaze on Max.

"Blake, please. Why are you behaving like that?" Max groaned out, breaking the silence. When I glanced at Max, he appeared to be too tired and frustrated to deal with it right now with the way he was clenching his teeth.

"All I know is that we have a big deal to handle right now and both you and Alex are being little sissies over some weak girls..." he yelled out loud but trailed off.

Blake made a weird sound deep within his throat, like he cannot believe he is having such a conversation right now.

Some misogynist, sexist he is.

"Blake, please. I know we have some serious issues right now but -

"But what, Max? They are using your girl as a weakness and I can see that you're shamelessly falling into the trap set by them!",his voice boomed in the deadly empty silent street.

I flinched and took a step back, hoping that no one noticed me but boy, was I wrong? Blake's eyes flicked upon me and he smirked as if satisfied with my reaction. Max, who had his left hand on my lower back, glanced down at me when he noticed my sudden jump. He moved his left palm up and down gently and I sighed in relief, almost smiling but I pressed my lips together.

Chauvinist pig!

"See! She's such a coward and you're being a coward too!" he deadpanned and glared at Max who returned the gesture almost instantly when he looked back up.

I wanted to warn Max to let it go, I just wanted to go home at this point.

But in vain, after all it was my fault.

I was the one who followed them.

I unconsciously gripped Max's shirt with my left hand, making his shirt stretched downwards, his upper chest now full on display. When I glanced at Max, I saw him gulping hard, his adam apple moving up and down slowly then he squeezed his eyes shut.