Chapter 36

Chapter 36: Deep Breaths.

"So, everyone ready?" Liam asked, as they once again settled into the mini van.

"Yeah!" Louis shouted, louder than the rest, grinning.

Trips like this always got him excited.

"It's about half an hour from here, so yeah. It's not too long." Liam said, sitting down as the vehicle started.

Angelina got comfortable in her seat as Zayn got in after her.

"Oh, hello there." Angelina said. She hadn't expected him to sit beside her this time too.

"Yeah, Hi." He sounded hurried and a little forced.

Angelina shrugged it off and looked out of the window.

Niall was on his phone, with Harry sitting beside him, looking into Niall's phone too.

Louis was happy on his own, as he looked out of the window, the wind spoiling his hair. But he didn't look like he cared about that at that very moment.

Later, sure.

Liam had his phone on GPS mode as he concentrated on the route.

Cheryl had made herself comfortable beside Liam, as she read some random magazine.

"So..." Zayn drawled, moving a hand through his hair.

He looked... nervous?

And that's when it clicked.

Angelina grinned wide.

"What do you want to know about Sonny?" She asked, smirking at him.

Zayn looked taken aback.

Spot on.

"N-Nothing. Who said, who said I was asking about Sonny?" He replied, flabbergasted.

"Your eyes," She chuckled.

"They did."

"Oh, well. They said wrong. I wasn't going to ask about her." He said, shaking his head. It looked like he was trying to convince himself. Which he probably was.

Angelina only looked at Zayn, giving him the look.

After a few moments of competitive silent staring, he said, "Alright fine! Tell me anything about her. I just want to know."

He looked flushed and frustrated.

Angelina laughed, making Niall's ears perk up.

He tried not to look behind him, where she was, but his eyes and neck deceived him.

"Oh, so that's what this is about." Harry muttered, more to himself.

Niall saw as Angelina sobered up from laughing and Zayn had his lips pursed, his cheeks slightly red.

Is he blushing?

And Niall then felt a very unfamiliar burning in his gut, something he tried to ignore.

He cleared his throat and came back to his original position.