Chapter 58

Chapter 58: Finally

"This is so heavy," Zayn commented in a gasp, carrying one of the bags Angel had got from home. Angelina flinched sheepishly in response to the raven haired man's comment, helping him carry the bag along, towards the car.

"Was that the last one?" Liam asked from the driver's seat, poking his head out the window to look at the rest of them. He had insisted on driving Angelina back home one last time. She didn't have the heart to say no, and deep down, she didn't want to decline the offer anyway.

"There were only two!" Angelina laughed a little, somehow finding the will to giggle amongst her mental turmoil.

The bags were in the car. Her goodbyes were said and done, the car was ready, all she had to do was open the door.

She felt ridiculous, because to her, closing the door to the car also felt like she would be closing the door to a life with these people she had always loved so much.

Am I being dramatic?

Shaking her head once to get rid of all the afterthoughts, she took a deep breath and turned around.

One last wave and then I'll leave, she told herself.

Her gaze focused on each one of them, she wasn't going to get to see them again after all. Not like this.

Harry gave her an encouraging thumbs up, Louis waved back, Zayn offered her a bright smile, Cheryl engulfed her into a quick hug, Liam was waiting in the car, and Niall?

Niall wasn't outside to say goodbye.

In a way, she understood. It was probably for the best. She wouldn't know what to do if he was outside with the rest of the band.

So this is good, this is exactly how it's supposed to be.

But then why would her feet not move towards the car?

The silence was heavy as she stared at the rest of the boys with her eyes filled with unshed tears.

Dammit. I can't do this.

"Angelina," Louis called out, an unreadable emotion in his eyes as he looked at the brunette.

*

Niall was heartbroken. It was as simple as that. The woman he loved was leaving and he was wallowing in sadness in his room, all alone.

His bandmates were outside, wishing her well, something Niall should've also been doing at the moment. But is it really his fault for not being strong enough to offer her a smile while he thinks about how he's letting his love go?

Niall didn't even have the courage to look out the window. If he did, he would see her drive away, and that would break his already hurting heart.

So he didn't, he stayed right where he was, in his room, on the chair with his head in his hands.

Did hours pass? Or was it minutes? Because the next thing Niall heard was footsteps climbing up the stairs. It's probably Louis to tell me she has left.

The last thing he expected, however, was:

"You asshole!"

With a gasp, he immediately stood up, his eyes wide and unbelieving at the sight in front of him.
There was Angelina, catching her breath with the way she had run back into the house and up the stairs, glaring at him with red rimmed eyes. All he could do was gape.

In that moment, there were so many things he wanted to say to her. I love you. I'm in love with you. Please don't go.

And yet, all that came out was, "Did you just call me an asshole?"