Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Ice cream choosing ceremony.

"Oh, wow. You got me to an ice cream shop at 4 in the afternoon. How cool is that." Angelina said, sarcastically.

And Niall, even though he should have been offended, laughed. He actually might have a thing for her sarcasm.

"What? Why are you laughing now? I could have been sleeping right now." Angelina grumbled.

But only she knew that she didn't mind this ice cream date.

A date with Niall.

Nope. Didn't mind it at all.

"Oh come on, food is always first." Niall stated, lifting up his finger like he was showing 'one'.

Angelina laughed.
"Yeah, that you got right." She grinned.
"So what are we waiting for?" Niall asked, grinning as he offered a hand to her.

She looked at his hand being held out for her.
For her.
Niall Horan was holding out a hand for her.

Niall was almost going to withdraw his hand when she grabbed it. He smiled at the action and released a breath he didn't know he was holding.

Wow, she makes me nervous.

They walked hand in hand to the ice cream parlour.
One thing that was really good about this town was that people didn't really care who Niall was. He wanted to experience normal life once. Without the paparazzi popping up every time he did something and him being able to enjoy what he did to the fullest.

Being with Angelina fulfilled his latter wish and this town was quiet enough for the paparazzi to not know about.

                                        ***

"Oh god, help me choose." Niall said.
It was either classic chocolate or mint or coconut or strawberry or–

Basically, like every time, when it came to food, he was confused.
"I think you should go for the Oreo one." Angelina suggested.
"You think so?" He asked, almost looking convinced.
"Ugh, I don't know! I don't know what to choose myself either." Angelina cried.

Just like Niall, when it came to food, Angelina could swallow it.

"Okay, there's only one way to decide now." Angelina said, like it was a life changing decision that was pending.

At least, they thought it was.

"What?" Niall asked, anticipation clear in his eyes.

They were taking it too seriously.

Angelina held out five fingers.
"Now, I have allotted each finger of mine, a flavour. You have to choose any one finger. And that would be the flavour of ice cream you would eat." She said.

"Now that's smart." Niall said as he looked at her spread out fingers.
"Okay, now the only simple decision I have to make is, which finger?" He thought aloud.

Angelina couldn't help but laugh at how cute he looked. His eyebrows furrowed, his teeth biting his lower lip as if in deep concentration; he behaved like the wrong decision would kill him.

"Choose fast." Angelina said, getting a little impatient.

"Oh, just– just you choose!" He said, getting slightly agitated at not being able to decide for himself.

"I can't. That'll be unfair because I know which finger represents what flavour."

"Alright, you two. I'll get two Chocolate chip ice creams for you." The lady at the counter said.

This conversation they had, made them forget who was surrounding them and who was waiting.

The customers in line looked furious and while Niall didn't say or do anything in their defence, Angelina smiled sheepishly at the people waiting and mumbled a 'sorry'.

"Could you add some caramel syrup on top?" Niall asked the middle aged lady.
She laughed lightly, her head falling backwards and then up again.

"Sure, child." She said, gave him a smile and sprinted inside to get the orders.

"Did she just call me a child?" Niall asked in disbelief, as they moved out of the line and sat themselves on the stools.

"Yeah."
"But I'm not a child! I mean, come on." He said, grumbling a bit.

Angelina laughed, which was music to Niall's ears and said," You might not be a child anymore, but you sure as hell act like one."

He folded his hands in front him, faking being grumpy.

He looked outside to see several black cars pass by or park near by.

As Niall wasn't looking, Angelina took her chance to have a close look at her celebrity crush.
Yes, she said celebrity crush. He still was.
But now she was gradually getting to know a side of him his fans didn't completely know.

"Two Choco chip!" The woman shouted, causing Angelina to jump out of her seat, startled and head to the counter to pay.

"Nuh-uh. Who said you are paying?" Niall asked, taking the money out of her hand and paying from his own wallet.

He took his ice cream and she took hers' while accepting her cash from her free hand.

"It's amazing." She said, as they ate their ice cream in no time.
Niall nodded his head in agreement, too busy eating to speak.

Angelina grabbed a tissue for herself and Niall to wipe the dripping ice cream off their hands.

Niall threw his tissue in the bin and kept standing.
"Bored now?" He asked Angelina.
"Yes." Angelina said, biting her tongue to keep from laughing at his reaction.
"Really? Oh man, now what?" He thought aloud, his hand running through his quiff.

"I'm just joking, Niall. It was a lot of fun here." Angelina said and smiled.
He returned her smile and breathed a sigh of relief.
"Park?" He asked, holding out his hand, with more confidence this time.
"Park." Angelina confirmed and placed her hand in his, relishing the feeling while it was there.

They walked out of the parlour, only to be stopped.

"It's Niall!"