Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Car ride.

"Bye mom." Angelina said, in a hurry and rushed towards the door.
"Take care, have fun!" She heard her mother's faint voice as she closed the door on the other side.

She turned and saw a brown coloured car, she wasn't sure which one. Angelina had never been 'obsessed' with things like cars that she could remember every model and every name.

The windows rolled down and there he was. With shades that only he could pull of, wearing one of his snap backs and his usual attire, he rocked it.

She grinned at him as he mirrored her action.
Opening the door, she felt the cool air on her face.

"Hey." He said as she settled down in the passenger seat.
"Hi." She squeaked out.

Oh god Angelina, can't you behave?

She thought.

"So let's get going." Niall said and resumed driving.

The drive was silent until Angelina, being the fidgety person she is, couldn't stand it.
"Can we put some music?" She whined.
This silence was seriously getting to her.

Niall chuckled and nodded.
"I take it you aren't one to stay still." He remarked.
Angelina smiled sheepishly and looked at her hands.

Niall was just going to switch on the radio when he thought of a better idea.
"Why don't you sing me something?" He asked, looking at her for a second before looking back at the road.

"Um, I don't know." She mumbled.
"Why not? I've already heard you. So there's no reason to be shy. And don't worry, I don't judge." He said, trying to be casual about it. Even though he knew how much he wanted to hear that voice sing again.

"Alright." She said, clearing her throat.
"But which song?" She asked, looking at him.

How innocent she looked.

He actually felt like pulling her cheeks.

"Uh, I don't know." He said, shrugging.
"Oh, How helpful your opinion was, Niall." Angelina said and smiled sarcastically.

Niall loved this girl's sarcasm. It was very humorous to him.

Angelina thought for a while before randomly starting with a song.
"All that you got,
Skin to skin,
Oh my god,
Don't you stop, boy.

Something 'bout you
Makes me feel like a
Dangerous woman."

She sang. And yes, she did know other songs. She might have been obsessed with 1D but come on, who doesn't like Ariana?

Niall's eyes widened at the choice of song and once again, he was caught in a trance of how in correct rhythm, beat, tempo– anything related to music– she sang. Flawless.

He noticed how engrossed she would get in singing, she would not even know what was happening around her. He admired her as she was busy looking out of the window–Her hands, making motions as she sang; her eyes, crinkling as she touched the high notes; everything about her.

Niall wouldn't have minded looking at her all day, but his little 'admiring session' was broken by the honk of a car behind them.

Angelina abruptly stopped singing and Niall pretended that he wasn't just being a creep by staring at her while she was not looking.

Realising that she had stopped singing, he said," That was great!"

"Thanks..." she mumbled.
"Now can we put on the radio?" She asked, desperation clear in her eyes.

She doesn't take compliments too well, nor does she like attention.

He noted.

"No." He simply replied.
Angelina was a little surprised because that surely wasn't the answer she was expecting.
"Alright...?"

"I mean, we'll reach in another 2 minutes." He quickly added.
She nodded her head in understanding and tried to keep quiet. Keyword being tried.

"Are we there yet?" She asked.
"Lina, it's not even been a minute since I said that we'll reach in 2 minutes." Niall said, chuckling lightly.

Lina.
It was the first time she had heard him say it.
Oh, how much she loved that name now.

"Yeah, but... When will we reach?" She whined a bit.

Realising what she just did– she whined– she made a note in her head to slap herself later for behaving so weirdly in front of Niall.
Imagine, in front of Niall.

Niall did not reply just then, but after another 30 seconds as they entered a classy gate.
"We're here, kid!" He said, adding fake enthusiasm.

Angelina glared at him but once he started to laugh, she couldn't help but laugh along.

"Cheryl really wants to see you. She said that she needed a girl friend. Like we aren't good enough for her." He mumbled the last part.

"Aw, Niall. Is that jealousy I smell?" She asked, jokingly.

"Shut up." He said and pouted a little.

And she could literally take a blood oath then and there to prove that his pout was the cutest thing she had ever seen since her birth.

Okay, maybe that was too much. But she still didn't deny it.

She looked at him for a little while as he parked the car in the garage (which had cars, too many to count).

As she took in his features, she asked,"Hey, how did we make it without any paparazzi bugging you?"

"I have my ways." He said, smirking and fixed his shades.

The car was soon parked and both of them just sat there, waiting for the other to do something.

"Ready?" Niall asked.
"Never, for something like this." Angelina said, the fear getting to her all of a sudden.

"It's going to be fine. Just, trust me, okay?" Niall said, trying his best to comfort her. He had never been good at things like that.

If anything, he would say the wrong things and make the girl cry more than she already was.
Oops.

But to his surprise, his words seemed to work on Angelina because she took a deep breath, nodded at him and said," Alright, it's no big deal."

Angelina very well knew that for her, it was a very very big deal.