Sixteen

Kain shut his car door shut. He pulled his lightly sagging pants up as he walked around the back to the garage.

He pulled the rusty door up. The lights were on and everybody seemed to be stressed out. Omarion was pacing back and forth while Bear sat in the corner pulling a bullet out of his shoulder.

"What the hell happened in....30 minutes?"Kain asked looking from his watch back to Omarion.

"Nigga the hell if I know. Everything happened so fucking quick."Omarion snapped.

"Well what happened?"Kain asked. He sat on one of the stacked cardboard boxes with his arms folded across his chest.

"Ain't shit happen. I go down town to pick some shit up and next thing I know niggas start poppin"Bear snapped standing up.

"I understand you upset my G but take two steps back"Kain told him. He didn't like how Bear was bucking at him.

Bear took his deep breath then returned back to the corner with his gauze pad in his hand. He was mad as shit.

"Yo,call Carlos "Kain said looking up at Omarion.
"What the fuck we need him for?"Bear snapped. There was nothing against Carlos.

Bear just didn't want word to get out. He was trying to keep the whole situation low key.

"My nigga I'm bout to say fuck this whole situation and let you rock out. You irritating my fucking nerves."Kain spat

"Chill"Omarion stepped in. He didn't like when they argued.
"I'm cool"Bear assured him sitting back in his seat.

"Why is everything so difficult with you?"Charmaine kissed her teeth. Malani was giving her a hard time over Karma house.

"Girl if she want whipped cream she can have it."Karma said plopping on the couch next to Charmaine.

Charmaine eyed Malani from the kitchen before snapping back.

"What's the tea?"Karma asked.
"Girl you tell me. I'm still tryna figure out what the hell happened so fast"Charmaine looked up from her phone. She quickly looked back down at her screen to check the time before clicking the small power button.

"Some shit with Bear"Karma said nonchalantly.
Charmaine pursed her lips nodding her head.

"Let me tell you. These classes is too much"Charmaine changing the subject. She was going to leave any business that had to do with Kain work alone.

"Tell me about it,but are you really serious about starting this business cause I mean if you down I am too!"Karma said. She dreamed of being a entrepenuer.

"Of course. Right this second? No but as soon as I graduate and all that's stuff hell yeah."

"How Kain feel about you taking classes?"
"He can't feel no type of way. "Charmaine said in a matter of a fact tone. It wasn't like Kain would tell her she could or couldn't to do anything. She was a grown ass woman.

"Man I love the two of you together...its like yall got this balanced out relationship you feel me?"Karma spoke.

"Yeah. I just feel like a lot of girls feel scared to express them self or tell their spouce how they feel but see I don't care. Kain gon hear this mouth all day long."Charmaine spoke.

"I feel you. You think y'all a long term thing"
Charmaine almost burster out in laughter.
"Girl if I thought other wise I would have left Kain Thot ass alone."

"Awe. I can imagine yall getting married and all that. Is he still talking about babies?"

"He has sent said anything in a couple days thank god. I'm not having another child until I'm married and my career is right."Charmaine said in a matter of factly tone.

"So if Kain proposed to you tonight what would you say?"Karma asked.
She was always nosey.

"...yesss"Charmaine smiled. Just the thought of it made her smile. She couldn't see her self with no other man.
Kain helped her feel complete. He protected her,cared for her,listened to her. Even risked his life for her. She knew Kain was the one. If they didn't work out she didn't know what she would do.

Karma wanted her brother to marry Charmaine. She fit perfectly into their family.

"What the fuck were you thinking?"Kain snapped over the phone.

So much was happening. His connect in Columbia allowed someone to steal his product mean while someone was aiming to kill Bear.

He didn't even let Jose finish talking. He ended the call. Now he had to fly out to Colombia.

"Hold this shit down for me"Kain told Omarion and Bear. They only gave him simple head nods.

Kain shut his office door behind him as he made his way back out to the garage. He looked around at the few people who was working.

He pulled his phone out his hoodie sending Charmaine a text telling her to be ready.

"Now you know better"Charmaine laughed at some throw back pictures of Karma.
"The funny part is I thought I was the shit. "Karma admitted.

"Girl..."Charmaine started. She looked at her phone seeing a message from Kain.

He told her he would be there in ten minutes.
"Sheesh. I just got comfortable."Charmaine complained.
"You know damn well you want to leave a bitch all high and dry"Karma joked.

"Whatever"Charmaine rolled her eyes.she stood up to go grab her shoes and coat.

"Malani come on"Charmaine semi yelled. Malani came running from the back with Tiani tablet.

"Get your shoes on"Charmaine told her.

Just then there was a knock at the door.