1.3

"Jessica I do not care what Griff told you to do. Fuck you, him,your mom, your dad ,great grandmom... Fuck all of ya'll sick fucks. I hope someone kill all ya'll"Charmaine spat with venom lacing her voice.

"Don't be like that "
"Be like what. You are a fake ass bitch. I hate  your mom guts. Griff should die somewhere. Get out my room Lani ain't your niece. I don't care about you or anyone else feelings. "Charmaine spat putting things into her bag.  Malani still has not woken up from a coma. In the mean time Charmaine still had to get money some how to move on with her life. Griff was in jail, but had  a great lawyer Griff court date was in a month so Charmaine had to make moves quick. She waited for Jessica to leave before she left. She wasn't worried about them coming while she left cause Charmaine made it clear that Malani is not allowed to have any visitors.

Charmaine kissed lani on the cheek before she left out. She caught the bus back to Griff's house. When she got there she ran up to their room packing as much stuff she could fit into her two suitcases. There was a lot to leave behind. She went to Lani's room taking everything off the hangers and shoes. She went into Griff office and went to the safe. She didn't take it all but she took some. Enough to get her through the week. The next move was to find a rental car. She wouldn't dare take any of Griff cars. It was too much of a risk.

Charmaine walked back down to the bus stop where she was at when Griff caught her at. She sat on the bench. Her eyes fell to the blood stain in the cement. She quickly looked away . This new start was needed. No more griff. No more negative vibes. She wanted to live the life she deserved.  "Char?"
Charmaine looked up at the fimiliar face.

"Tiani?"
"Char! What are you doing over here... I thought you moved away...Far far away"
"No. "Charmaine chuckled tucking a small piece of hair behind her ear.
"You want a ride?" Tiani asked putting her car in park.
"No it's fine. The bus should be here in five minutes "

"Charmaine come on. We can catch up"Tiani suggested. Charmaine hesitantly got up getting in the car. She was glad she left the pack bags at Griff's house cause she didn't need anyone in her business.

She got in the passenger seat ,and looked over at Tiani with a faint smile.
"So where you headed?"
"Car rental. Mine got totaled in a accident "Chamaine chuckled waving her broken arm around.

" Look Char...We all seen what happened. I'm sorry. I wish there was something that -"

"It's fine. There was nothing nobody could have done...Besides I'm here now right."
"How's baby girl holding up ?"
"S-she....I don't want to talk about it"
"Charmaine. Your still my best friend. I'm here ,and I can help you . "Tiani said. Tears welted in Charmaine eyes, "she might not make it "
Tiani wrapped her arms around Charmaine giving her a tight hug
"It will be okay. God does everything for a reason. I promise you she will make it"
Charmaine wiped her tears nodding her head.
" So what's going on with Griff? Is he home?"
"No,but he will be home soon"
"Where are you going to stay?"
"I'm trying to figure all that out now.

****************************

" What the fuck man"Kain sighed.
"You got a fucking bullet hole in your shoulder and you worried about killing that nigga. Chill on that man. "

"Fuck that turn around"
"My nigga you got bullet holes in your shoulder" Omarion laughed pulling up to the hospital.
"Man fuck you. Next time imma bring a nigga that actually listen"Kain said. Being shot in the shoulder was nothing new. Being shot in general was nothing new to him. Taking a bullet out was something he could have done,but Omarion dropped him off at the hospital.

"Nigga call me when your done. Imma have Jordan play the tape back and see where that nigga went. "
"Aight man"Kain got out walking through the two double doors.

When Kain walked in immediately a few doctors rushed to his side. "Follow me sir"one doctor said while the other pushed a cart.

" She looks just like you" Tiani complemented. "Thank you" Charmaine smiled stroking Malani's hair.  "You stay here over night?"Tiani asked.
"Most of the time"
"Well if you need something please don't hesitate to call."
"Alright" Tiani gave Charmaine a well needed hug.
"See ya later" Charmaine gave her a small smile before she left out.  She pulled a chair up to Lani bed side and grabbed her hand. "Lani let me know if you can here or feel mommy's touch. Squeeze my hand...something"
She waited for something but got nothing. " I promise you I won't let anyone hurt you again. When you wake up were gonna go on a vacation...I promise."  The nurse came in with a clipboard.
"Mrs.Mcnight glad to see you. We have some good news.
Charmaine sat up straight ready to hear what they had to say.
"

Earlier we were trying to get a response out of Malani and we did. We applied pressure to her hand and she jerked it back. We did the same thing to her foot and she did the same. That is a good sign. Hopefully she continues to progress.  Charmaine smiled wide. That was the best news she heard in a long time.
The nurse left out the room ,and Charmaine began cleaning up the room. She threw away the deflated balloons from Lani's birthday. She threw away other trash as well before she got comfortable in the chair.

"

Lani baby I want to send you back with your momma okay? Be a good girl for her. Don't worry about anyone hurting you anymore okay?"

Malani nodded her head playing in her nana's silver hair. "I love you"
"I love you too"
"Tell your momma I love her. "
"Okay!"