11.1

Kain mother opened the door. She was finally meeting the lady who had her son caught up all the time. A huge smile was worn on her face which made Charmaine sigh in relief.

"Oh my! Kain is this Ms.Charmaine?"she asked with her broken English lacing through her words gracefully.

"Yes. It's nice to meet you Mrs. Cortez"Charmaine smiled. She was a little less nervous than she was before. 

"I'm happy to finally meet you. Come in "she grabbed Charmaine hand leading her in.

"Kain you father is looking for you "Caroline told her son.
Kain and Charmaine extanged looks but Kain look assured Charmaine that she would be fine.

"Don't worry little lady"Caroline joked. She took Charmaine around introducing her to all the family. Everyone seemed nice so far. Except for Kain younger sister Khalilah. She didn't like Charmaine at all. She didn't like any of Kain girlfriends. They all were golddigger looking for a meal ticket.

Karma came over with her seven month old son on her hip,"Charmaine right?"

"Yes"Charmaine sat her glass of water down.
"I'm Karma Kain's older sister it's nice to finally meet you. Your not what we was all expecting...Not in a bad way your gorgeous,but welcome to the family. If you need anything let me know. "

Charmaine slowly nodded her head. She was getting mixed vibes from Karma. From the way she spoke to what she said.

"Do you want to come chill with a few cousins and me? I know Kain just ran off."

"Uh. I actually want to know where my daughter is"Charmaine said looking around.

"Awe. Malani tight? "
"Yeah"
"She is so beautiful and so smart. You and who ever else is raising her is doing an amazing job to be so young"

"The fuck. Let that be strike one"

"All the Kids are over there playing "Karma pointed across the room. She seen Malani playing with four other little girls.

Charmaine waved Malani over. She stood running over to Charmaine.
"Hey baby you okay?"Charmaine asked holding Malani face in between her hands.

"Yes. We were playing a game"
"Everybody being nice to you?"

"Mhhm. I get a lot of hugs"she smiled.
"Alright. Mommy was just checking. Let me know if anybody-"

"Man ain't nobody gon' mistreat her. Go play lani "Kain came from behind her making Charmaine jump.

"Stop freaking doing that"Charmaine hit him harder than she intended to.
"I wouldn't leave her over here if anybody was gon' mistreat you or her so chill out"Kain said pulling Charmaine down on his lap.

Everybody was standing around mingling until the food was done.

"You aight? Did you meet everyone?"
"Yeah..."Charmaine looked up making eye contact with Kain sister.
She rolled her eyes before continuing her conversation.

"Don't worry bout her lil ads"Kain said running Charmaine back up and down. She nodded her head. She wrapped her arm around Kain neck.