15.4

Charmaine sat at the bar. She wasn't drinking but caroline was talking to her while she fixed her self a drink.

"Enough with the sad talk. How has school been? Are you excited?"Caroline asked Charmaine as she sipped her glass of wine.

"I am excited. One step closer to starting my career. "Charmaine smiled ear to ear.

"So what is it that you want to do?"
"I want to start my own beauty bar"

"Funny you say that Karma wanted to do the same thing. Maybe you guys could work something out-"

"Karma wanted to what?"Karma said taking a seat on the bar stool next to Charmaine.

"Ella was telling me she wanted to start her own beauty bar"

"Yeah. I was thinking about the same thing. I like the one I work at but I don't like working for other people. I want to be my own boss"
"Exactly Charmaine agreed

"Thank god the two of you get along. I tell you I don't know what Khalilah issue is"

"No disrespect ms.Caroline but I don't even care. She can be mad for whatever reason."Charmaine said touching one of her braids.

"I'll talk to her"Karma said. Kain walked in the kitchen with Kyle and his father.

"What's going on in here"Kain father spoke up as if they were up to no good.

"Talking that's all"Karma said before getting up fro. Her seat. Kain stood behind Charmaine.

"You alright?"he asked.
"I'm fine,are you okay?"Charmaine asked. He wasn't as social as he normally was with his family.

Kain only nodded his head. Charmaine knew he wasn't okay. She also knew he didn't want to talk about his brother either so she respected it.

"You sure"she held his face in her palms.

"Yeah I'm straight"Charmaine looked passed him hawking Malani. She was just entirely too quiet but turns out she was playing with the dog.

Caroline watched how Kain interacted with his girlfriend. He was so gentle.

"He's in love"she nudged her sister Trina.
"Who you telling?"she smirked.

Kain grabbed Charmaine hand leading her to the living room where it was quiet. The Denver nuggets game played on the tv.

"Wassup?"Kain said stretching his legs out after he took his seat. The was his words rolled off his younger so smoothly made Charmaine blush,as she did every time he spoke.

"You know I lo-"
"Yes I know you love me. You tell me everyday"Charmaine said.

"But do you know I mean it?"Kain asked raising his eyebrows

"Yes. You out do your self everyday and you always go out your way to make me happy and I appreciate that."

Kain nodded his head while stroking his beard.
"Do you know I love you? I don't feel like I say as much as I should."Charmaine admitted.

"Defenitly. No questions asked"Kain answered immediately which made Charmaine smile.

Kain placed his arm around Charmaine as she moved closer to him.

The room fell silent before Charmaine spoke up again.

"Kain,you know you can talk to me about anything? I don't care how small of a issue it may seem to you or ya know if you ever feel like you need a outlet I'm here for you and I want you to know that baby."Charmaine grabbed his hand.

Kain knew she was referring to the situation with his brother. There was a lot Kain hasn't told Charmaine,he had to face his demons before he went and felt comfortable with telling Charmaine.

"I got you."Kain told her.

"Tiani sat back on the table while the doctor wiped the cold gel off of her stomach.

"How far along is she?"Bear asked. Never did he think he would be getting Tiani pregnant this soon,but things happened.

"Five weeks"
"Damn"Bear mumbled. "They would have never found out she was pregnant if she missed her regular check up with her doctor.

"From here you can schedule your next appointment,while you do that I will prescribe you your prenatal vitamins... If you have any questions or concerns give me a call or in a serious situation visit the emergency room. "The doctor said looking between the clip board and back up to make eye contact with Tiani.

"Thank you"Bear stood up. He pulled Tiani shirt down over her stomach then helped her gather her things.

So much was beginning to run through his mind. He was going to be someone's father.

"You not excited?"Bear asked her.
"I mean I'm actually shocked if for anything...are we ready to be parents?"

"We got eight months to prepare ourselfs that's all that I know"He said holding the door open for Tiani.

He couldn't take his eyes off of her. She had a small weight gain nothing major.

Tiani just couldn't wait to share the news with her best friend.

3 hours later

Charmaine laid in the bed with Malani. Kain was getting dressed to go out,"where you going?"she asked Kain. Her eyes followed him as he moved across the room .

"To work. You know this baby"he kissed her lips then placed a kiss on Malani forehead.

"Imma be back later love"he said before leaving out.
Charmaine was going to wait until he came back.