5: Something About You

Start from the beginning

"For 15 minutes?" His eyebrow raised up suspiciously.

    I raise my finger in the air. "Pause! Don't be checking me about my whereabouts. I'm here aren't I?"

He cut his eyes at me. "Whatever Shawty."

     "Anyways I came to study so that's what we are going to do." I smiled, pulling my textbook out. He watched me with a bored expression. I stopped looking over at him. "I don't see any books in front of you!"

He pouted and sighed as he pulled out his book. "You gonna stop talking to me like I'm a child too."

     "And if I don't?" I leaning forward crossing my arms on the table. He licked his lips slowly trying to rid them of the dry feeling. I watched as his bottom lip flopped back out after his tongue glided over it. A slight chub has now formed.

"You don't even want to know what will happen boy." He replies, mushing my head back. We both shared a nice laugh before actually opening our books up. "I want to study for that damn test Tutilier gonna give us. I know you know all of the answers."

     "I actually don't. She likes me but not that much to give me answers." We kept avoiding long periods of eye contact in between conversations.

"Okay so she gave a study guide of questions that may be on it. We could go over those." He suggested.

     "I know what you talking about. It's really easy, let's just go over the ones we don't know for sure." I say going through papers and putting what I needed in the table. I sit my bag aside. I grab the paper putting them in front of me. "Okay so which question you want to do first?"

"Ugh..." He groaned sitting forward. " Okay. Let's do number six first."

     I nod preparing to read the question. "I never was, Am always to be, nobody ever saw me, nor ever will, And yet I am the confidence of all who live and breath. What am I?"

He sat back placing his hand over his mouth. The stumped expression riddled his face as he was in thought. "I hate question like those bruh."

     "I know but it may be on the test..." I reply looking down at the guide. " Matter of fact... that's a bunch of the questions."

He sucked in air and exhaled as he sat forward. "Nobody saw me, nor ever will," He mumbled. "This shit hard."

     "Not really." I shrug. " You aren't applying logic."

He tilts his head as he straight faced me. "What the answer since you know so much."

     I chuckled knowingly. "The answer is tomorrow dunce."

"Nah. That sound wrong... How?" He questioned looking at the guide again.

    "Think about it... Never was equals hasn't come. Always to be equals will come... literally tomorrow." I joked poking his head back with a finger.

"Man give me another one." He requests.

     I look at number ten on the paper. "I get wet when drying, and I get dirty when wiping. What am I?"

"That's easy! A washing machine."

    Words cannot describe the look on my face right now. "Really... a washing machine?"

"Yeah." He nods nibbling on his bottom lip.

     "Emon a damn Washing Machine cannot get dirty when wiping." I argue.

"Nigga it does get dirty when it cleans the dishes! If not that then what is it?" He asks.

     "You can't wipe something with a damn washing mashine. Matter of fact, you're thinking about a dish washer! The answer was a Towel. A towel is dry then it gets wet and dirty fool." I roll my eyes at his ignorance.