Chapter 120-Star Stream Lake Pt.9:Behind the Curtain

Start from the beginning

"So she said it was behind the waterfall huh-"

Lineir saw another huge dark shadow many meters wide shoot through the water curtain and go into the lake. It must be some sort of creature which dwelled in the waters beneath Snowfall Mountain.

"Woah what was that?" Jayi Jin gasped and Lineir heard the shriek of one of the ladies accompanying him. He instantly had an idea. Melding deep into the darkness of the hidden tunnel, he activated his Madness Rain!

SHUUUUUUAAA.....Drip Drip Drip

Drowned out by the sound of the waterfall, a small storm brewed inside the hidden tunnel behind the curtain. The droplets appeared to just be condensation or perhaps splashing water from the massive waterfall curtain, but were actually infected with Madness. Anyone who wished to enter the hidden tunnel behind the waterfall would be exposed. Lineir waited quietly in the darkness for his chance. Steadily his breathing slowed as the voices came so close that he almost held his breath.

"When I pass these Proving Grounds I will definitely have my father petition for us to be rewarded handsomely." Jayi's voice rounded the corner and the insipid voice of his female consort chirped,

"Do you think he will provide us with a inner disciple's copy of the 3 Prime Yin Laws Manual?" 

"Hahaha, of course, the Jin clan has never been stingy with those who have proved their merits! When we return we shall all experience the benevolence of the greatest clan in Snowfall Citadel. Yuck, why is it so damn wet here?" The preening voice became annoyed as Lineir detected several presences entering his Madness Rain Domain. 

"Careful! Somethings off about this water...what is this... some sort of strange dew from the waterfall?" The voice of the other black armored Jin warrior, Chen sounded a warning. However, the overbearing Jayi simply shrugged it off.

"You're always so careful brother Chen. I'm telling you, it's just some condensation from the waterfall. The Snow Empress definitely would not have lied with her children's lives on the line. Hehe, it's a shame she'll never know what happened to them. Hahaha-" Jayi Jin's chuckle suddenly cut off abruptly. 

"What is this feeling...so...strange?" The entire Jin party was afflicted as Lineir sprung his trap. They were suddenly caught in a world of Madness illusion. While the Jin party was distracted by the illusions Lineir flickered forward from the shadows and swung his blade towards Jayi Jin's chest!

CLANG!

Lineir's blade and eyes locked onto another blade which had appeared to block his. When he looked up he saw the eyes of the black armored Chen Jin staring at him. He retracted his blade and retreated into the shadows letting the Madness Rain envelope him before the shocked eyes of the Jin party.

"Who are you! Who dares to attack a member of the Jin clan!" Jayi Jin was furious and began to unleash random blind attacks into the Madness Rain. However, it was futile, the ice tunnel was quite expansive and in the darkness and within the Madness Rain Domain, it would take an ancestor of the Jin clan to spot Lineir unless he willingly revealed himself!

"SHOW YOURSELF GODDAMMIT!" He screamed as his brother Chen Jin sheathed his sword.

"Shut up Jayi. You're disgracing yourself. You won't find him that way. Shut up and let me think. We need to get out of this rain, it may be one of his techniques!" This Chen Jin was clearly much more intelligent than his brother as he quickly deduced Lineir's strategy. Lineir realized that he had underestimated this warrior. However, the Jin party was hardly out of the woods yet. Lineir may not be a master tactician but he had a way of always being one step ahead, and he soon activated the second stage of his plan.

SCREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

"Die." 

Suddenly out of the rain a burning light flashed as Lineir's Phoenix Fire Wings exploded into existence with the bony dark wings of the dragon scything through the air. 

Blast Cross Kick!

Lineir unleashed a massive burning cross into the ice tunnel which sped towards the Jin party. It was not necessarily his most dangerous move however it had one thing which none of his other moves did!

"Don't go back!" Chen Jin shouted in the moments before Lineir's move reached him. He grabbed his brother Jayi and slammed his sword into the dirt in front of him, kneeling down behind the blade and used it to avoid being blasted away. However, the two female cultivators were not so quick to understand Lineir's true intention. They raised their hands and tried to fend off the burning cross but were pushed back into the waterfall!

SWISH!!

PUCHI!!!!

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" A terrible scream came out as the dying flames of the Blast Cross Kick illuminated the poor two female cultivators. One of the was clutching a torn stump where her left arm had used to be. The other was petrified in terror watching as a hideous head full of teeth with ancient wrinkly skin shot by into the lake with an arm in its mouth.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??" She screamed but a second later she didn't even have time to scream as a massive shadow snaked by and snatched onto her dress!

"Ah-"

She was dragged into the dark curtain and into the lake never to be seen again. The remaining female cultivator managed to back away from the waterfall, crawling deeper into the ice tunnel on her two knees and one elbow. When she reached the the Jin brothers she collapsed sobbing.

"My arm!!!" 

The two Jin clan brothers continued to scan furiously for Lineir but Lineir was long gone. 

"Damn you! I'll bring you back here and send you to the Yellow Springs myself! You bastard come back!" Jayi Jin screamed. However, Chen Jin simply stared off. His nose twitched and he reached into his pocket pulling out an item...