25 - Nominations

Jungkook POV

Today is the day that the nominees of the Baeksang Film Awards will be announced. All of my groupmates and a number of MYG staff have gathered around the television in our practice room. All movie critics included me in their predictions. So, we kind of expecting that my name would be announced. But I am still not being too hopeful.

A month ago, after our movie's press conference, I have been bombarded by many fake news. The rumors include my sexuality, my indecent relationship with Yoongi and my mental health. But I have expected these things already, and we know where they all came from, GPS Entertainment.

I kept my cool, but one article which really infuriated me was that I lied about my parents' death, and that I just said that to gain the public's sympathy. I mean... how could they do that? Anyway, that is way behind now. The box office income of our movie was modest in its first week but it became number 1 in its second week because of word of mouth and critics' reviews.

Youngjae and I were so happy about our film. What I know is he is going to star another movie together with IU. I am so jealous! Movie and television producers have been calling Yoongi non-stop, but he kept on refusing them, telling them that I am going to focus on my music career for now.

As for Taehyung's movie, it was a box office bomb. It entered at number 6 in its first week, then it was gone in the top 10 in the second week. Critics actually love the film and Tae's acting, but movie goers just finds the film too serious.

By the way, Jimin debuted a week ago, and he was up against Bobby in Inkigayo and Music Bank, and he won both shows. People are saying he is the next Taemin. I am so proud of him.

Ok, so Song Hyekyo, just went up to the platform. She will announce the nominees for the Best Actor category.

Here are the nominees for Best Actor. Park Bogum for The Blacksmith; Yoon Ahin for The Day You Walked Away; Kim Taehyung for Murder in Busan; Lee Seunggi for The Entertainer and Jeon Jungkook for Our Last Kiss

Everyone cheered that I am nominated and hand held confetti popped out. "You made it Jungkook!" All my group mates embraced me... Chan was too touchy that the others."Yehey!!!" they screamed and all of MYG staff came in and said their congratulatory message to me.

Yoongi then came in, embrace me and whispered to me, "SOS will be having their comeback on February 5."

I looked at him confused.

"But... that is the date of our debut."

Yoongi sighed, "Yup, they are fighting back, Kookie."

Taehyung POV

"Congratulations Tae!" everyone that I know in GPS, came in our recording studio to express their happiness that I got nominated. To win in the Baeksang Film Awards is truly a dream of mine. I remember my mom bringing me along to these award shows, and one time, she won, she was surrounded by everyone, praising her awesome talent. I want to experience that for me.

Mom Calling...

Mom: Tae, Congrats Son! I am so proud of you!

"Thank you mom, how is New York?"

Mom: The weather here is fine. I have bought a lot of things for you.

"Thank you mom."

Mom: Tae, can I ask you? That new actor? Jeon Jungkook... is that boy..?

"Yes mom, he is that boy..."

Mom: Oh.... Then we must do something... I am going to call....

"Mom... Mom... don't do that anymore.. Mr. Sung will take care of it..."

Mom: Are you sure? I have many friends in the academy.

"Mom, don't... They might accuse us of cheating. I have too many rumors in the tabloids right now. I don't want another issue to add up."

Mom: Ok... But I can't let him win son. I won't allow it.

"Mom please... he was good in his movie. Just leave it."

Mom: Ok. I trust you Tae... I heard that you are close friends with Kim Jongdae.

Hoseok hyung and his big mouth!

"Yup mom, he have become friends..."

Mom: Ok I like that you are having friends with sons of powerful families Tae, I am going now, see you son, I love you!

"Love you too, bye!"

Call ended...

Bum, my assistant, entered the studio. "Tae sunbae, an invitation for you."

I opened the envelope.. Baeksang Pre-Awards Gala.