42 - Big Concert

Jungkook POV

It is finally happening - The much awaited SOS and CGate back-to-back concert in the biggest stadium of South Korea. Ticket sales were sold-out in seconds. All television networks were covering this event, dubbed as the "The Present vs. The Future of Korean Pop". Social Media from twitter, instagram and facebook were all buzzing in anticipation for this concert. SOS, CGate and our names were trending worldwide in the top 10 since yesterday. We also heard that the biggest names of music and film are watching the concert.

To be honest, I am super thrilled to be doing this, of course, I still feel nervous and anxious, the fact that we are up head to head against the current top group of K-Pop. The pressure is mounting but I have faith in myself and my team mates, who have worked so hard for this moment since they were trainees. 

In our dressing room, all of us are ready with the costumes and make-up except Yugyeum, his hair stylist is about to finish his look. Chan and I were sitting in the sofa chilling, looking at people being busy doing their thing, while Changkyun is in the far side of the room, wearing his headphones.. He must be concentrating... listening to his raps again... while the Taeyong and Jihoon are playing in their phones... I know they are nervous but they are not showing it. The tension is rising every second.

Chan suddenly asked, "Hyung, how do you know that you are in love?... what is the difference between like and love?"

"Love is definitely stronger than like... When you love someone... you are willing to sacrifice yourself for that person... you are willing to accept everything about him including his flaws and mistakes... as many people say you get crazy when you fall in love... because most of the time love doesn't make sense... its like magic"

"I hope I can find my true love hyung... you and Taehyung sunbae must be very happy right now." Chan said.

"I know you will find love someday Chan... you have been a good boy since I know you.."

Then we heard a knock.. its Jimin and Yoongi... why do I always see them together?  Jimin smiled, "Hey Guys!!! Are you excited? Are you nervous?"... he then sit right next to me.

Yoongi then called Taeyong and Chan to talk in the other side, probably last minute reminders.

Jimin tapped my shoulders..."Jungkookie!!! I never thought, years ago, in high school, we were members of the theater club... we were dancing... singing... to musical plays, we sometimes do dance covers.. and we perform in our little auditorium in Gyeongsang... and now you are here in freaking Jamsil Olympic Stadium!!! I am so excited and happy for you!!"

"So many things have happened indeed... you reminding me of our past... now I miss my mom and dad..."

Jimin then consoled me, "Kookie, don't be sad... I am sorry... It was never my intention to make you sad"

"No, It is ok hyung... I just remembered them... my dad was critical of me, and he once said to focus more on my studies than performing but even though he was like that.. he was never absent of any of my shows... and my mom's cookies... I miss them... they may not be here but I know they are watching me from heaven. We can never go back to the past but we always carry their memories with us..."

"Our life in Gyeongsang was really different from what we have right now... before it was very tranquil... we wake up in noon on weekends.. now we rarely get a day-off"