43 - Ultimate Reality

Jungkook POV

It is around noon, and I am in the dining room, setting food in the table. The doorbell suddenly rang. Who might that be?  Maybe its a delivery guy... So I went to the door, to see who is outside. To my surprise,... it is Jimin hyung.

I can't contain my smile, 

"Jimin hyung! You should have called me that you are visiting... I could have picked you up in the airport" 

I opened the front gate, and I gave him a big warm hug. 

"How are you? How long has it been since we last saw each other... six months?"

"I guess so... sorry if it took a long time for me to come here and see you..." Jimin said and we walk towards the house.

"Come in... welcome... have you eaten lunch already? Join me... "

Jimin said "No its ok Kookie... I promised my mom to eat lunch with her later... I won't stay for too long.:." he then walked around the house, "This house... although you seem to have renovated some parts and repainted the walls but it still looks the same... it still feels warm and cozy. It smells the same like morning dew... just like I remembered"

I gave him ice tea to drink. He then sat in our living room sofa. "So... how are you? since you left Seoul..."

"I am doing ok... its a little quieter than in the city.. we will start harvesting our rice later this week. I have also build a green house to plant vegetables and fruits... I have been fairly busy... but of course less hectic than my idol life."

Jimin then asked me "Have you ever missed it? Being a celebrity?... being in the spotlight?... after Taehyung left... you immediately became the top idol of the country... it shocked many of us that you refused to renew your contract even though Yoongi has offered you millions of dollars and shares in his company."

I couldn't help but think of my life being an idol.. performing in big stages... wearing the best clothes... touring around the world... 

"Of course I miss it hyung... but you know fully well, that being famous was never my dream... what you see here... this is my dream... a life of solace and tranquility... I am earning well in this farm business and I have invested some of my savings in stocks and real estate, so don't worry about me... I am doing just fine... "

Jimin then said, "I know... I am actually still baffled that you gave up everything you had worked hard for just like that..." then he snapped his fingers.

"How is hosting a variety show... I heard its doing well in the ratings.?"

"Pretty well... but I miss doing more albums and performing on stage..." Jimin answered.

"Have you tried telling that to Yoongi?"

After he sipped his drink, Jimin then said, "We rarely see each other nowadays.. he is very busy building up new talents... he is also expanding his company to Japan and Indonesia.