40 - Lurking Enemy

Taehyung POV

News of Hoseok's arrest was all over the news. Shortly after two days, the governor was arrested by the police. Hoseok has confessed to everything, apparently he is his father's right hand guy, so he knows everything from the murders , to crimes of bribery and malversation of government funds. He also confessed that he hired Koo Junhae to kill Jungkook's parents but he was not the mastermind, he was only ordered by the governor. 

Gov. Jung said in the media that they are all false and that his son is being tormented by his political enemies. He also tried to make himself the victim of political and business black propaganda.

The media then focused on me if I am involved in my stepfather's action and some tried to put malice on our "friendship" with Jungkook. Conspiracy theories were popping in Reddit saying that I am spying on Jungkook. GPS quickly released a statement that I have no knowledge of my stepfather's crimes, thus I am innocent by all means.

My mother, fearful that she will dragged to this scandal, called reporters to a press conference, and there she showed her acting prowess and was able to convince the country that she has no idea of my stepfather's evil deeds. 

Even though she faced veteran defense lawyers in the country,. Atty. Rose Park was not deterred, she was able to show to the court evidence after evidence of the governor's crimes. And after a month a trial, the governor was sentenced to life imprisonment while Hoseok was sentenced to 30 years.

I asked Atty. Rose, why Atty. Namjoon has not attended any trial. She said that Namjoon really doesn't show up in big cases such as this one.

After a week, I am about to go to my vocal practice in preparation for the concert... when my phone rang... an unknown number... I usually don't answer unknown numbers, because it couId be a saesang... but I had a feeling in my guts that this is important.. so I answered.

"Hello?"

Hoseok: Tae?

"Hyung? is this you?" 

Hoseok: Yes Tae, can you please visit here in prison, I need to ask a big favor from you... you are the only one I trust.

"Ok hyung, there are also some things that I need to clarify with you. I think I can visit you tomorrow. See you hyung. Bye."

Hoseok: Thanks Tae, Bye.

Hoseok and I are the only ones in the visitation room. The prison guards are standing at the exit doors.

"How are you hyung?"

He gave a wide smile "I am slowly adjusting..."

"I am truly sorry this is happening to you..."

"Don't be... This is my punishment for the crimes that I have committed.. Punishment for being always fearful of my father and for not standing up for myself... I will be alright Tae promise..." Hoseok said.

 "I would like to ask you something hyung... do you know anything about my father's death? Did you know that your father sent him poison pills and... are you involved in it?"

Hoseok looks surprised and said, "No Tae, I am not part of it... My father hasn't mentioned that to me... I guess it was his own doing..."