41 - Unpleasant Run-in

Jungkook POV

It is only one week before our big concert with SOS, everything is now prepared our outfits, our songs, our dances, the set. Tomorrow will be our start of our series of rehearsals in Jamsil Olympic Stadium. We are ready. We are all ready. To promote the concert, we were asked to guest in Running Man. While we are styling ourselves and waiting to shoot, the hosts who are our seniors are very accommodating.. talking to us and sharing jokes to us. We never felt like they we are just their hoobaes. 

Then the main host, Yoo Jaesuk asked his staff, "Is he is still coming here?, how many minutes will we have to wait for him?"

"Please kindly wait sir, his manager said he will be here in 5 minutes." his staff answered.

Then Mr. Yoo turned to us, "I am really sorry if we are keeping you guys waiting, he is usually very courteous and on time... probably its because of traffic or he is from an another appointment."

"It is ok sunbaenim, but can I ask, who are waiting for exactly..?"

Jeasuk sipped his coffee first and answered, "Oh I forgot to tell you.... our special host for this episode is Kim Seokjin... you know all him right?".

My groupmates are very excited that they will be able to meet Seokjin. But me, I don't know... as Namjoon said I should be on guard around him.

And there he was, carrying a bag full of pastries, "Hello guys, I am really sorry that I am late this time... before I came here, I passed by my favorite bakery to buy you snacks... I didn't know there were so many people and had to wait for my orders... Please share them to everyone... please." He handed the bag to the staff.

Then he saw us, "Oh.. you must be the monster rookie group from MYG, you are CGate right?"

Taeyong called us to fall in line, and formally greet Seokjin. 

"Jungkook ssi!... how wonderful! I am so happy to see you again." He then gave me a hug.

"Hello Seokjin sunbaenim, nice to see you again."

He smiled at me, look me in the eyes, his face is too near from mine and said, "Didn't I tell you before to call me hyung, and that is also for all of you guys... don't call me sunbaenim... call me hyung ok?"

Taeyong then said.. "Thank you sunba... I mean hyung."

He kept on smiling at us and walked toward the other room, "I better get ready and change my clothes... see you later guys."

Everyone in my group are looking at each other smiling widely. They couldn't believe how polite and kind Seokjin is... Chan poked at me and said "I couldn't believe it hyung... Seokjin hyung is so nice to us... Jihoon then said, "he is truly indeed the most handsome man in the world. his skin is flawless."

But I have a feeling that he is all for show. He is a pretentious manipulator who uses his charm and beauty to woo people. 

I texted Tae that Seokjin is here with us, he replied that I need to be cautious and as much as possible, stay away from him.

After 10 minutes, we are finally shooting. We are wearing pink shirts while the hosts are wearing blue. After a few introductions and promoting our concert, we are now playing our mission. The game is carrying the boxes game. 

Each team has to carry as many boxes that we can from the center of the courtyard and bring them to an assigned truck at the far side of the court. The team with the most number of boxes in their respective trucks after 15 minutes wins. 

Then the game started, everyone were carrying boxes to their trucks, midway in the game, the hosts were blocking our ways and tried to take away our boxes. It becoming more physical but it was all fun. We were laughing non-stop as our maknaes Chan and Jihoon were trying to grapple, wresting the big and muscular Kim Jongkook and prevent him from taking our boxes. Almost five minutes to go, it seems that we are winning the game, I carried three boxes running as fast as I can to able to bring them to the truck... then suddenly I tripped.

I know someone pushed me... 

"Kookie!" Taeyong called me. My face is down in the ground and the boxes I carried were scattered in the courtyard.

I was still down, raised my arm and hand signalled that I am ok... 

But honestly it was hard fall. I got afraid for awhile that it may be a major accident... and that I couldn't perform in the concert but fortunately I think it only scratches in my arms and legs. My elbows and knees are still in pain but I know they aren't serious. 

I tried to get up then someone reaches his hand to bring me up... Its Seokjin... "Are you ok Kookie?". He gave this mischievous smile. I took his hand and pulled myself up. "I think you should check your wounds, it may get infected." He took my right arm to his shoulders and supported me while I was walking limping towards the clinic inside the building.

When we are in the clinic, the nurses were not there. He saw the antiseptic and cotton in the medicine box and he then applied them in my wounds in my elbow. "Kookie, you know... you should be more careful next time, you might break your bones... We don't want.. Taehyung to be very worried about you right?"

"Hyung, but Tae and I are just..."

He gave me an "don't say shit" smile and said.."Friends? c'mon Kookie, you can't fool me.. I basically know everything what is going on in idol world... I know who are the fake ones, have done plastic surgeries, I know who are dating secretly and I know the sex scandals..." 

He then placed the band-aid in my wound. "You met with Namjoon weeks ago? That drug addict! He must have told you that I placed the drugs in his compartment? And he may have told you that I was the one who sent you that scandalous photo right?" 

"Hyung, what do you really want from me?! What do you want me to do for you to stop harassing us? Tell me!"

Seokjin sat on a chair and looked at me. "Very simple my dear Jungkook, convince your loving boyfriend Taehyung, to quit being an idol... and leave show business... or else I will spread your photo in the internet."

"So it was really you who sent me that pic?... you know hyung, all idols have their rise, and some had their falls... I have realized that from the beginning... you are very handsome and talented, why do you have to bring down others that threaten you?"

He then said, "You really have no idea... of what I have been through when I was a child living in the slums of Guryong Village, I was bullied a lot for being poor, ugly and fat. I vowed myself I would never be inferior to anyone and swear I will always be number one... always... we all know Taehyung only become popular become of his mother and inside connections.. and that is injustice and I am here to correct that." 

"You are one crazy shit!... Do you think Taehyung and I can't get away from that? Remember when Dispatch almost outed us? Do you think our agencies can't find a way for us to evade us from these scandals? We can say.... the photo is fake.. that its photoshopped... and its from an angry delusional psycho."

I stood up from the bed and walk towards the door. 

Seokjin stood up and grabbed my arm, "Wait!... do you think I am running out of options? Kookie... you must have underestimated me, wait until the day of your concert.. I will send you something... very nasty."