thirty: memories

The siren from the ambulance alarmed, the red and blue lights above it blinked as the medical car zoomed past the busy streets of Seoul towards the emergency room of the hospital.

Jeon Jungkook was laying on the wheeled bed, his eyes closed, his body unconscious, but still alive. His heart was beating. It was faint, but it is still beating, fortunately.

Seokjin pushed the wheeled bed towards the room, where he'll take care of his friend in a life-and-death situation. The heartbeat monitor shows that the pace  of Jungkook's heart is decreasing, which alerted Seokjin.

“Defibrillator.”He said as calm as possible, as another doctor handed him the said device and set the voltage just right. Seokjin placed the defibrillator on Jungkook's bare chest, then he hit him up with the device, causing Jungkook's heart to regain its faint pace.

Everybody around the room are trying their best to bring Jungkook back, and not to let him die.

Jungkook opened his eyes, and he found himself laying on a hospital bed. The room that he's in is dark, he cannot see anyone, and he is alone in that room.

All he remembered was the crashing noises and the sound of the car's tire against the road, which made him cover his ears and shut his eyes tight, as if it is going to happen to him again.

When he realized that all of it was just an illusion, Jungkook opened his eyes and removed his hands that are covering his ears. He got out of the bed and looked around the room. Soon enough, the bed started to move away from him, which made him flinch. The scene around him shifted into another room, but with a huge glass window that shows the stormy weather outside in the evening, and a few paintings on canvasses in the room.

Is this real? He thought to himself.

Confused, Jungkook looked at one certain painting in front of him. It resembled a certain person, familiar to him, but unfamiliar at the same time.

He grabbed a paintbrush and was about to brush it against the creepy painting that is in front of him, but then a dark liquid splattered on the painting, just the same time as the flash of lightning then the sound of thunder.

The dark liquid that splattered on the face of the familiar person in the painting looked familiar to Jungkook:

Blood.

Then, the scene shifted to the time when Jungkook killed Officer Moon Jaebyul, Haru's father. He remembered the blood spraying out of the man's neck as his eyes widened at Jungkook.

Jungkook's throat tightened, he didn't want to do this. He'll regret this. This is the reason why Haru will never forgive him.

The dead man's body collapsed on the ground, while Jungkook just stared at it coldly. Soon enough, there was a noise heard at the door. Jungkook's eyes darted at the teenage girl in a highschool uniform staring at him with wide eyes.

Moon Haru, Jungkook thought to himself as he remembered that face really well, but he didn't know Haru that time. So he hurriedly attacked the girl by punching her in the gut, making her unconscious, “I'm sorry” he says, before Haru landed on his arms, unconscious.

Then the scene shifted into the time when Haru was in his embrace, Haru's usual lavender scent made Jungkook miss her even more.

Her arms wrapped around Jungkook's neck, one hand tangled his hair, pulling him closer to her. She sighed, “I know you don't do that.” she said softly, as she kissed my forehead, “My feelings wouldn't change.”

But it did.

“Really?”Jungkook asked, as Haru placed her forehead against his.  Jungkook brushed his nose against hers, and she smiled,“Really.” she paused, “D-Do you love me?” “Of course I do. I was just too shy to admit it.”he chuckled. Haru closed her eyes, enjoying the moment, “Really?” Jungkook closed his eyes too, and replied,

“Really.”

Really

Really

That word rang inside Jungkook's mind as he was reminiscing all these memories.

He wished that he could stay in that moment forever, the time when Haru still trusted him, but of course, he can't.

Jungkook was frustrated at himself, but what can he do? It is destiny, after all.

He did bad things, and he cannot change that.

_____________________________

Okay so back again with the theories betch when will I learn how to stop

anyway next is the epilogue (yep this story is rlly crappy no lie I'm not feeling this) how do you think about this story? It's not that thrilling, or it's kimda boring, right? (Or is it just me idk)