seventeen: café

[Moon Haru]

Since I was at the scene, witnessing such a horrific sight in front of me, my eyes widened as I froze on the spot when both the president and the justice secretary collapsed on the ground.

The president just groaned in pain, clutching on his bleeding right arm while the justice secretary's head is now unrecognizable, as his blood and flesh scattered everywhere.

Other civilians and medias ducked, protecting themselves from the shooting incident. Politicians rushed inside the Blue House for safety, while the ambulance immediately got the injured president and the dead justice secretary then rushed them to the nearest hospital.

Different kinds of sirens are heard, and it rang inside my ears.

SWATs were aiming their guns at every corner, trying to look for the shooter. Soon enough, I heard a gunshot noise, and I followed my senses, searching where that noise came from.

On my right, there was a building about a hundred meters away from the Blue House. Even though it is small, but I saw a figure standing up and then walking away.

“There!” I said, pointing at the building, and other officers looked at where I'm pointing at. “Go!”They said as they entered the police car and rushed towards the building.

When I arrived at the rooftop of the building, the police were putting up police tapes around the place, as there was a puddle of blood at the corner edge of the rooftop.

“It seems that the shooter got killed, and his body was taken away.”Yoonjae said, observing the situation. I nodded, “Yeah. Pretty much.”

“No footprints, or any evidences?” Namjoon asked no one in particular, looking at the puddle of blood. One SWAT member shook his head, “None.”

“This really reminds me of the Kim syndicates years ago..”I said, and Namjoon's jaw tensed, “No... The way how the Kims' hitmen kills is very unique. No one will know and can perform that technique of theirs except for themselves only.”

“What if the killer is one of the Kims' hitmen?”Yoonjae wondered out loud, and Namjoon looked at Yoonjae for a second, as he was biting his lower lip with a worried look on his face.

“I'll be back.”Namjoon says and left the scene.

I followed him with my gaze, and when he finally disappeared out of my sight, I turned back to Yoonjae, “What's with him and with the Kims' hitmen?” “His parents are Mr. and Mrs. Kim.”Yoonjae says, and realization hit me, “...oh.”

“Thank you for your cooperation with us, Senior Inspector Moon.” the reporter says, and I smiled as I nodded. The reporter left with his crew, and I just stood there, still looking at the chaos around. The president's and the justice secretary's blood is still present on the ground, making such a gory and horrible sight.

Taehyung isn't present today. I wonder what happened.

“You look so down today,”Yoonjae says with a frown on his face. “Of course. Why would I be happy in this situation?” I said, and sighed, “Ah, why do people like trouble so much?” Yoonjae just let out a chuckle, “Let's go and grab some coffee at Yeolmin cafe?”

“That's why you're my bro.”I smirked, forming a fist. Yoonjae and I fist bumped. “Let's go.” I said, entering Yoonjae's car.

By the time we arrived the cafe, unfortunately, it is closed. The curtains are down, blocking the see-through glass. But Ariya was outside the café, sitting on the sidewalk with her blue headphones on.

“Why are you here? The shop's closed, right?”I asked Ariya, and she just looked at me for a moment, then removed her headphones. I can hear the loud EDM music that she's been listening to from those headphones. “Nah, there's a private meeting inside there. I have to wait a few hours outside to go back to work.” Ariya shrugged, and placed her headphones back to block her ears.

“If that's so, then the three of us should grab some coffee somewhere else.” Yoonjae suggested. I smiled, “I second that.” “How about you, Ariya?”Yoonjae asked, which made Ariya look at him, and I noticed that her cheeks tinted pink a bit. I just let out a chuckle, “Silence means yes. Let's go.”

I gasped, “Really? Jungkook is that mean to you?” Ariya just laughed, “But that's alright, though. He doesn't hit on me so it's all cool.” “Jungkook is just joking. He doesn't actually mean what he says.” Yoonjae said, and Ariya rolled her eyes, “Yeah, yeah..”

We ate at the cafe a few blocks away from the Yeolmin cafe. I munched on a cookie while leaning my back on my seat. The TV showed the in incident that happened in the blue house, so our attention diverted towards the news.

“Ah, that killer has guts.”I said, looking at the tv, then it showed me getting interviewed. “Ooooh, you really do look good in TV, Haru.”Ariya commented, “She got viral once because she's the prettiest policewoman that appeared on national TV.”Yoonjae says, and I just laughed, “That was last year, shut up.”

“But anyway, you said that the shooter might be related or maybe one of the Kims' hitmen?”Ariya asked, and I nodded, “The way the victim was killed is so much like how their hitmen kills someone years ago.”

Ariya was silent for a moment, and even though Yoonjae didn't notice Ariya's sudden change of expression, I did. My eyebrows furrowed, “Why? What's wrong?” I asked, sipping on the coffee. Ariya fidgeted the cord of her headphones, “Nothing..”

I just looked at Ariya, and she looked worried. She was mumbling something, and I don't know if I read her lips right, but she was mouthing Jungkook's name.

Why, what's with Jungkook?

We went back to the Yeolmin café, and it is finally back in business. Ariya rushed in the café first, as Yoonjae and I followed. Jungkook was already inside the cafe, Yeoleum standing with him at the counter. There are already a few customers inside the café.

“Oh, guys. You're here.” Jungkook smiled his usual smile at us, and I raised my hand, “Yo.” Jungkook handed me a paperbag, and I checked it. A glazed donut was inside the bag, which made me smile, “Thanks.”

“Anyway, Ariya, where have you been?” Yeoleum asked the brown-haired girl, and Ariya just fixed her glasses as she went beside Jungkook to work, “Haru and Yoonjae treated me out while I was sitting outside earlier..”She said, and Yeoleum nodded, “Okay, just get back to work” she let out a smile and then she rushed towards the washroom.

“Is she sick?”I asked, concerned. “She's preggy.”Ariya says, rubbing her belly.
“...oh.”Yoonjae and I cooed.

“She's... What?” A familiar tenor voice was heard behind me. Jungkook's and Ariya's eyes widened as they looked at the certain person behind me. I turned back, and saw Jimin with a shocked look on his face.

_______________________________

It's so hot here in ph i feel like I'm getting toasted in the 10000000000000000° oven of Hephaestus or something. The power is out and I am crying in the club because it's so hot anyway I'll just finish writing this bye