twenty-two: finding Jungkook

[Moon Haru]

After I ate breakfast at Jungkook's house, I washed the dishes, and went out of the condo unit. I rode a bus to my shared house with Haegi and Hoseok, and by the time I arrived there, no one is at home.

Maybe the both of them went to the dance studio already, I thought, so I just went to my room and grabbed my uniform, then proceeded to the bathroom.

By the time that I was finished on cleaning myself up and wore my uniform, I dried my hair with a towel. My phone rang, I picked it up. "Hello?"I asked, waiting for the person on the other line to respond.

"Haru where are you?"

I heard Yoonjae's voice through my phone, and he seemed really serious and that shocked me. "At my house. Why, what happened?"I asked, getting my bags and the things needed for work, since Yoonjae sounds alerted.

"The vice president was assassinated by a masked criminal last night in their own home." he says and my eyes widened, "What?" "Yeah, you should hurry up here. I found something weird." He says, and so I hung up the call and hurried outside of the house to ride a bus towards the Vice President's residence, since I left my car at the station.

I saw Yoonjae waiting outside the mansion's gate, crossing his arms on his chest while patting his foot. When he spotted me, he immediately jolted up, as if glad that I'm finally here.

"Look at this."He says, and then dragged me inside the Vice President's mansion, towards the surveillance room. There are a few investigators there, and when Yoonjae and I entered, they went out of the room, leaving the both of us alone inside.

Yoonjae went to replay last night's footage, at the time where the masked criminal sneaked in the house. He paused the footage, "Does he look really familiar to you?" he asked, pointing at the masked criminal.

"His face isn't visible."I said, "Obviously." Yoonjae says, "but.. What I mean... His structure.." he paused, looking at the criminal. I examined the hooded and masked man in the video clearly, "He has the same hoodie as Jungkook." I said.

Yoonjae flicked his fingers, "Knew it." I looked at Yoonjae, "What do you mean? That Jungkook is the killer? Hey, Yoonjae. The killer had a black Supreme jacket, and so did Jungkook..then they're the same person already? What kind of conclusion is that?" I said.

"But think about it. Jungkook has been really busy lately. He's just a barista in Jimin's cafe, what is he being too busy about? Most specifically, at night?"Yoonjae says, and I shook my head, "Jungkook cannot do these things. I was with him last night."

Yoonjae raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure?" I nodded, "Yeah. I slept in his house last night. He cannot do that." Yoonjae just heaved out a sigh, I don't know if it's in relief or in frustration.

The reporter left as soon as after he interviewed me. Taehyung was absent for unknown reasons, and I got worried. Yesterday he was absent too. I wonder how he's been.

The vice president's daughter was crying, and I just bit my lower lip as I remembered myself ten years ago.

"Hey, let's go now."Yoonjae said, patting me on the back. I took a glance at the crying girl a few meters away from me, and I can't help it but to approach her, "Did the man tell you something?" I asked softly, stroking the girl's hair. She sniffed, and wiped her nose, "H-He said that he was sorry."