nine: burn

[Jeon Jungkook]

“So... You're saying that..You stole this purse from a lady, and you ran away?”Haru asked, showing the man the pink purse, and the man nodded. Haru sighed in a stressed way, “Detain him.”

Two police officers got the man, and placed him inside a cell, as Haru just sighed again, and she winced in pain. I went towards her, “Hey what's wrong?” I smelled the aroma of coffee on her, “Where's your office?” I asked. Haru pointed at a room not too far from where I am standing, and so I dragged her in there.

I closed the door. Haru seemed shocked,“Hey, what are you-”“Take your clothes off.”I said. Haru's eyes widened, “W-What?” I realized what I just said, so I shook my head, as my face reddened,“It's not like that, I mean.. You spilled hot coffee on yourself, and you might die if that doesn't get treated.” Haru nodded, her face flushed, “Y-Yeah..” I grinned, “Why, were you expecting something else?” “Of course not!”Haru said, defensive. I laughed, “Yeah, sure. Be right back babe, I'm just gonna get some water.”

I went out of her office,  got a towel and a lukewarm water , and went back to Haru. I closed the door, and when I turned to face her, I found her with only her bra and jeans on. I bit my lower lip, trying hard not to think of anything erotic.

“Oh, you're here.”Haru said, I nodded, dipped the towel in the lukewarm water, and squeezed the towel. I held Haru's shoulders, making her face me. I dabbed the towel on the burnt area of her chest. Good thing it's just a light burn, so we're not gonna go to the hospital or something. Haru was just looking at me, and I kind of liked it. She winced in pain, so I blew lightly on the burnt area, as I kept on dabbing the damp towel on her skin.

“Does it hurt?”I asked, and Haru shook her head, “I'm used with this.” “Whoa, what a tough girl we've got here.”I grinned, and I saw Haru's face flushed, “Shut up.” she says, looking away from me. I just laughed as I treated her burn.

“Thanks for the concern, Cook.”Haru said, as we went out of the police station. “No sweat.”I shrugged, and then Haru patted my head as if I'm a puppy or something, “You're such a good guy,”She smiled, and I felt my face hot a bit. She then pinched my cheeks, “Oh, did someone spill coffee on your face? It's hot.” she laughed, and I just blinked a few times.

“You're really cute when you act like that, you know?”Haru said, staring directly at me, which made my face turn into a darker shade of red, if possible. She just let out a smile, and I felt my heart skip a few beats.

The two of us just stared at each other's eyes for quite a long time, and then I realized that this might get too awkward for Haru.

I looked away, “A-Anyway, I have to go now. Bye.”I said, and left immediately, my face is still hot. “Byebye, Cook!” I heard Haru said in a sing-song voice behind me. 

“What the heck is this feeling?”I asked myself, slapping my face quickly, “Jeon Jungkook, you're usually not like this.” I told myself, still slapping my face. An old lady just happened to pass by, looking at me weirdly as I was slapping myself.

I laughed sheepishly at the old lady, bowed a bit, and then hurried the hell out of that really awkward situation.

While walking, my phone buzzed in my pocket, so I picked it up.

“Jungkook-ah,”

When I heard Justin's voice at the other end of the line, the happy mood that I'm feeling at the moment suddenly died down like a candle flame that got blown away by the wind. “What is it now?”I asked, and I heard Justin clicking his tongue, “What's with your hitmen squad looking after you like you're a baby?” I sighed, “Don't worry, they'll not find out if you just stay put and not meddle with them.”

I crossed the street, and then Justin just sighed, "Whatever. Anyway, I'm in a bar right now, and I kind of got carried away with my anger to this fellow over here.” he says, which made me raise an eyebrow. “I want you to come here and just kill him without getting caught. It's for 1,000,000 won.” he says. I clicked my tongue, “Without any reason?”

“It's not like that, this guy is actually the right hand Shin Hyukjoo. And he's blabbering about a guy in a business suit with black specs that bumped against him at the day that Hyukjoo was assassinated by you.” Justin said, and my throat tightened, as I remembered the guy with the bags.

He's the only one who saw my face clearly, and if he says a word out, then I'll be caught if he spotted me.

I sighed, “Okay, I'll be there. Where are you?” “Snooze bar.”Justin answered, and I cursed under my breath, as I hung up the call.

Out of all places, why are they inside Yoongi's bar?

I wore a black mask as I entered the bar. I prepared a pocket knife under the sleeve of my hoodie, as I observed the right hand of Shin Hyukjoo, whom is getting wasted while blabbering nonsense about who killed his boss.

Justin was sitting on a chair a few meters away from him, looking at me with a serious look on his face.

When the guy got too wasted and started to puke all over his table, he was forced to be dragged out of the bar. Justin nodded at me, and I immediately stood up, as I followed the guy.

I kept my distance, though. As the man went out of the bar and entered a dark alley as he crouched down on the ground and puked. I checked the surroundings if there is someone near the place. Good thing that there was no one, so I took that opportunity to walk towards the man, pulling out my pocket knife that glistened in the dark.

The man glanced over at my direction, wiping his mouth. He looked up at me as his eyes widened. I immediately pointed the knife on his throat, as the guy's body shook in fear, “I'm sorry.” I said blankly, and I sliced his throat off, killing him in an instant. His blood sprayed everywhere, and I dodged my head tot he side, avoiding the blood spray.

I dropped the dead man on the ground, as his blood spread throughout the concrete floor. I closed my pocket knife, and placed it back in my sleeve. I felt a presence of something coming towards my direction.

“Who's there?” I heard a voice, followed by the beams of flashlight that lit up parts of the dark alley. I looked around, trying to find an escape route. When I found a window on the second floor of a building beside the bar, I immediately jumped and grab ahold of the rail of the window. I jumped to the next window, and then climbed to another window, until I reached the rooftop of the building.

Moonlight shone on my face, as the cold night wind swept my hair on my eyes. I exhaled, as I ran and jumped towards the next building. When the soles of my feet landed on the rooftop of another building, the memory of doing this kind of job from eight years ago flashed in my mind. I thought that I already escaped this kind of job...

....but I guess I can't.

____________________________

Top 10 anime cool scenes