Twenty Two - Terror

Baileys POV

Age 20

"Dereeek!!" I yell out into my dark bedroom in New York. I hear a grunt and footsteps. The door opens.

"What do you want?" He questions leaning against my bedroom door.

I sniffle. "I had one again." I say. His face softens. He walks towards me. Before my brother gets to me there is a creek in the floorboards.

Derek stiffens and quickly turns ready to pounce. Laura's silhouette appears in the doorway. She looks at me sympathetically. "Another one?" She asked. Sounding like mom. I nod. She walks over and envelops me in a hug. Derek joins in after. We have a sibling cuddle session.

My eyes open. I am met by the dark of night. Must be around one am. I feel two warm arms are wrapped around me, soft snores in my ear, and the feeling of another body steadily breathing in and out against my back.

I snuggle back into the body quite content. I lay my head back down and try to go back to sleep but I can't. I don't know why but, I can't. I decide to shuffle around and turn a little till I'm comfy again.

I move on my stomach a little. Daryls hands tighten around my waist. Suddenly I understand why I woke up.

I have to pee.

So I try to wiggle out of his grip. Quite reluctantly I may add.

I grip his arm gently and move it up off me as I roll away from him. I end up on the ground beside the cot.

I unzip the tent to go do my business. And leave.

-------------

When I get back I unzip the tent and see Daryl jump up alarmed. He was looking everywhere. When his eyes landed on me they were red.

He looked at me for a while his eyes seeming almost normal, then as if he remembered I was gone they went bright red, again.

"Where the Hell did ya Jus' go!?" He demanded. His face red with fury and eyes locked onto me as if one glare would set me straight.

I laugh. "Alright calm down. Just had to pee. Now put your red eyes away and chill." I say similar to how I scold the other wolf's. He scoffs.

"And why the Hell didn' ya wake me up?" His eyes and face still red.

I take a deep breath and sit down beside him. "I know you are just trying to keep me safe but, you and Derek can't just keep me on a leash, hell, I'm human. If you don't like that I don't like having an enterage while I take a pee break, well suck it up."

He just glares at me even harder, it seemed as if his eyes got a deeper blood red than they already were. He takes a deep aggravated breath. "Suck it up?! SUCK IT UP!? What the hell is wrong with you! I have a job to do ya know. You are makin' this a lot harde' than need be!"

I look into his burning eyes and say the next part completely inquisitivly, "What is said job Daryl? Hmmm?"

His face looks ready to erupt magma. "What's my job!? What do ya mean!? My job is ta take care of ya stupid human. I mean firs' getting ya'self captured, than  put ya'self between me and a gun, tha little fight ya had with Shane, goin' by ya'self and getting ya'self shot. And ta top it all off, ya were up an runnin' around, hurtin' ya'self worse after bein' shot!" He finishes.

His eyes are still blood red. But I can only focus on one thing. "Your job is to protect me?" I barley whisper out.

His eyes start to dissipate the red. And slowly turned back to an icy blue. "No, yeah it Is. Ok. My job is to keep you safe."

That statement left me stunned. "Well Why?" My voice now a louder, soft tone.

His face went red but his eyes were a slight hue of pink. "Because ya my ma- pack. Yeah. Your the first person in my pack. My first human in my pack too. It's an Alphas job to protect. Right?"

His eyes were back to normal so were his cheeks. But I can't help but wonder what he was gonna say but cut himself off before he said pack. "Oh. Ok." I said the whisper coming back as if I were disappointed. But, why am I disappointed?

His face softens. He grabs me by my shoulders to make me look at him. I wouldn't though not after my and his outbursts. He puts his hand on the side of my face. I finally look into his eyes, "Hey. You are important to me ok? I just don't want ya gettin' hurt again. Not when I coulda done somthin' 'bout it." He says Sterling blue meeting his Georgia blue hues.

I nod. He brings me into a bone crushing hug.

A few more hours are spent joking around and having a hay day. Eventually he ordered me back to sleep.

-----------------

The sun penetrates my eyes. I am awoken from my deep sleep by the sun shinning in the tent. I stretch on the cot. Feeling Daryl has already gotten up. But not long ago. His spot is still warm. I roll into his spot, soaking the warmth up.

I stand up. Curious as to why nobody is guarding me. As I get up, or at least try to get up off the cot. I find my foot is caught on the blanket. In an instant I go tumbling down to the ground.

" Bailey?" I hear footsteps come and a face pops into the tent.

"He-Hey T-dog." I say huffing out a breathy laugh. "Seems you be caught me at a bad time. I'm all tangled up."

We both laugh at that. "Yeah. Here I'll help." T-dog advances towards me. A deep growl fills the air. T jumps and turns around. I look over and see the baby beta. Liam.

His eyes are yellow. His face is changed and I quickly connect the dots. He's out of control.

He comes at me with a battle growl. I am pushed out of the way and look just in time to see T-dog get scratched, right down the arm. Making it spurt blood.

A loud growl rolls out. A deep animalistic, raw powered roar is produced right as footsteps enter the tent. Then it all goes blurry then black.