Six - Left Hanging

Bailey's POV

I look over to Derek and ask him to tell me these people's names. Derek gives me a playful smile and starts the introductions.

"You see that old man over there?" He points to old man. "That's Dale, he owns the RV, his wife died before the apocalypse, he is very trustworthy and is the best advice giver I have ever me. He's kinda the Dad of the group."

Next he points to two pale blonde hair blue eyed girls. "That is Andrea an Amy. Andrea is older by 12 years and was a criminal defense lawyer. Amy is more around late teens early 20s and I don't know what's she did before the turn. But the both of them out on a boat with fishing line, can catch a whole lot of fish."

He points next to Senor, the Hispanic man. "That's Morales, he has a wife and a couple kids. They are good people. I just haven't talked to them much."

"That there is Jim. He was a mechanic before the world went down. He fixes up the cars of the group. Well all of them except the Dixons. They don't trust people touching their stuff." He said while pointing at jumpsuit.

He points to 22 next. "That is Shane Walsh. He was a deputy before. He is basically in charge here. Please Bay, just don't go near him I don't trust him."

He points to a Black man and Woman next. "That is T-dog and Jackie. They are most always together. I don't know what the relation is but, T-dog is a real church oriented guy. When the turn happened he drove to where he knew elderly lived in his little church van and asked them if they needed help out of the city."

Now he points out an Asian man. " That is Glenn. He is the out to town Man. When there's a run needed to be made he always goes. He is Korean in case you were wondering. And he is a pretty good man."

Next he points to sweaty who is sitting with a young boy and a pretty brunette. " That is Sheriff Rick Grimes. A month before this all started he was shot in the field and fell into a coma. Shane is his best freinds and partner. Lori is his wife. I think she a Shane had a fling when she thought Rick was dead. Rick only found the yesterday. That little boy is their son Carl."

He points to a woman with salt and pepper hair with a grumpy looking man and a little girl with a rainbow shirt on. "That's the Peletier family. You have the dead beat and abusive dad and husband Ed. You have the humble house wife Carol. And you have their little girl Sophia."

"OK so that leaves Daryl." He points to Angelic Bl- oh I mean Daryl. "That is the youngest Dixon brother he's not as big of an jackass as his big brother. The man we are going on a rescue mission for. Merle Dixon. He is as tough as nails and will bother you till ya snap and when you do it better be good because he either respects the hell outta you after or keeps taunting you."

He's winded by the time he's done descriptions. I don't blame him he just said a lot really fast.

I nod my head at all the new information and give my brother another hug.

"I missed you big brother"

He smiles against my hair "I missed you too" he pulls back and gives me a kiss on the head and pulls me to the campfire.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I go to get up into the back of the storage van when a calloused hand is put in front of me. I look up and see Daryl. I grab his hand and with the combined effort of me pushing myself and him pulling me up I am in the back of the Van.

"Thanks" I mumble to Daryl.

"Ain't nothin'" he replies back.

I sit against the wall of the van and Daryl comes and sits beside me.

"So what's your name anyway?" He asked.

"It's Bailey. Sorry for not telling you earlier. I just have some issues with people in the past."

"That's a nice name. It suits you. So your brother is Derek?"

"Thank you. And yes he is older than me by two minutes. But the birth certificates have separate birthdays."

"What?" He questioned me.

"Yeah he was born at 11:59pm and I was officially born 12:01am. So we are gonna go rescue your big brother?"

"Pffft. Wouldn't have to if Officer Friendly didn't cuff him to the roof." He replies.

"Daryl, don't get saucy with me. Remember new girl. Gotta figure this camp out."

"Sorry. Jus' don' like thinkin' 'bout him up there. No food no water. Stuck to a pipe."

"Hey, hey I get it. I've lost my big brother plenty times. But he's always turned up. I promise I will help you find your brother."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We have stopped outside of the city and have just went through a secret part of the fence Glenn knew about from parties.

"Merle or guns first?" Rick asked.

Daryl was out ragged. "Merle. Man we ain't havin' this discoussion"

Rick looks at him. "Yes we are." He looks back to Glenn, "you know the geography. Which ones closer?"

"Merle first. The guns would mean doubling back." Glenn said. Smart  boy.

We arrived at the department store and there was a walker in the lobby. Daryl took care of that.

T-dog is in the process of opening the door. He finally gets the chain clipped while Daryl impatiently paces the small space.

As soon as the chain is clipped Daryl  kicks the door open.

He runs out and I hear a repeating chorse of a 'no'.

I look at Derek then bolt outside.  I see Daryl whipping furiously at his tearing eyes. I get closer and see what he's looking at.

I see what I'm guessing Merle right hand in a puddle of blood and the handcuffs left hanging.