/20/

Vote and/or comment to let me know you're here! There are Alot of ghost readers and I reaallyyyy like to talk/meet/reply/get to know my readers :)

Skyler.

I step out of the shower and wrap the white towel tightly around my body as a wave of cold air hits me. My eyes find a small window near the door of the bathroom open, how did I not notice it?

I push my wet, messy hair away from my forehead and walk a few steps to shut the window, but before I do that, I catch glimpse of a sparkle of light. Eyebrows furrowed, I cautiously lean forward, trying to get a clear look, but other than multiple houses far away from this one, and woods ahead, there's nothing.

You're just paranoid, the voice in my head tells me. Maybe it's right.

But I saw something.

Shaking my head, I quickly put on the track suit I found in the closet and blow dry my hair before pulling it up into a loose ponytail.

I exit the bathroom and debate on whether I should go downstairs like Zayn told me to a few hours ago, or purposely stay in the room just to spite him. I end up deciding that I should go downstairs, not for him, but because I want to start the whole 'learning how to defend myself' process.

Once I reach the kitchen, Micheal greets me--well, in his own way.

"Took you long enough." He approaches me, hands in his pockets.

"You're training me?" I ask unpleasantly.

"Louis is too busy, and Zayn's just.. you know, not very fond of you." He chuckles, "At least that's what he claims. So, that leaves you with me."

"Great." I roll my eyes.

"Well you don't sound as ecstatic as I thought you would."

"You thought wrong." I shrug.

Sighing, he gestures with his finger for me to follow him, and I do. We go downstairs into a large hallway.

White lights are scattered on the ceiling, giving the white and black modern themed hallway an even more extravagant look.

"Shouldn't this be a basement?" I ask, a little confused to why there is a hallway, very fancy if I may add, with doors here and there underground.

"No." He simply replies.

"Then what is this place?" I look around as we walk, passing a few doors before we stop on one on the left.

"I know you're not used to this, but you don't have to ask so much." He rolls his eyes at me, putting his hand on a tablet-like device on the wall right next to the door. It scans his hand and then a voice comes out; 'Agent 375, access granted.'

And then the doors open automatically, revealing a small space between two other doors, one to the left, and another one facing it on the right. Ahead is a very large glass window. Curiosity and excitement bottle up inside of me at the sight of what's behind it, and my legs carry me to the door on the left.

I enter a plain white room, with blinding lights that make my eyes hurt a little before adjusting. It is split into multiple rows, and at the end of only one, hangs a white poster. I step forward to see the other face of the poster, and then I realise it's not a poster. It is a shooting target. And I am in standing in the middle of a shooting range.

A clicking sound rings in my ears, I turn around at once, fast enough to see the bullet flying my way.

My heart drops to my knees and I only get to quickly shut my ears before it flies a mere centimetre above my shoulder, and goes through the shooting target behind me. I stand still, frozen in my place with my mouth hung open and ears ridiculously muffled.