The Agent

Prologue:

"Why do you always go around looking for trouble? Why can't yo-"

"I don't go around looking for trouble," I glare at him in the best way I can. "Trouble usually finds me."

A puff of air leaves his lips as he sighs, closing his eyes in the process. "This isn't a game Skyler, I specifically told you to stay away. To stay safe." He looks me dead in the eyes, and I can see different emotions flashing through his own eyes. Yes, I'm scared to death, but this is my fight, and I'm not letting him go fight on his own.

"You could get hurt." He places the palm of his hand on my cheek, "They can kill you," I cringe at the sound of that. Yes, they won't hesitate to kill me. But I can not keep hiding away, if i do, they will find me sooner or later. And I'm not planning on that to happen.

"I have to do this. This has to stop. They took everything from me, Zayn, everything. And I'm not going to let them do this any longer."

He nods his head but keeps silent. I can see how nervous he is, even more than before.

"Then let's do this. Just stay by my side, and do not even think about doing anything stupid." I nod my head and take a deep breath, preparing myself for what's coming even though I know I'll never be ready enough.

"On the count of three. One, two, thr-" Before he can even continue his sentence, a sudden bang echoes through the alley, a gunshot going off from a close distance.

My body stiffens when I feel the heat of a body radiating from behind me, and I turn around slowly, only to find a gun pointed directly at me.

•••••

(This is my own original idea and story-line, I got inspired from several books and movies. Please do not steal or copy any of my ideas for this story because I have been working on it for quite a long time now. Thank you for checking this out, Happy Reading! Xx)