/2/

-LOS ANGELES, CA-

Skyler.

"Will you be here to pick me up?"

"Of course, don't worry about that. Just have fun with your friends." I assure her with a smile.

"I don't have.. much Friends." She looks behind her, I follow the direction she's looking at to see a couple girls her age pointing at us, then laughing.

I bend down on my knees so I can look at her eyes. "It's just the first day, you'll meet some new friends who will love and play with you all the time. Okay?"

Today is Luna's first day at summer camp. She has been waiting for this for more than a year. I promised her once I save enough money, I'll get her in. And I did. The last thing I need now, is for her experience to get ruined by some rich girls who will make fun of her.

That's why, I will be picking her up at the end of the day, everyday, for the rest of the summer. I can't leave her there alone. And honestly, I can't spend a day without her. She's everything to me. Infact, she's all I've got.

"Okay," She grins widely and I pull her in for a tight hug.

"If you need anything, just tell your camp leader to call me and I'll be there in a second." She nods her head, "Now go have fun!" I kiss her cheek one last time before I watch her run happily to the gate. A woman probably in her thirties, bends down and greets her with a smile before picking her up and going inside. Luna waves at me one more time and I wave back, before she is out of sight.

I turn around and start walking, I spent the last penny in my pocket on some donuts for Luna, and now I don't have any money to get a cab to drive me to the hotel.

So I have no choice but to run fast so I won't be late.

Thirty minutes later, I arrive at the hotel. It's a very large and tall building, about 30 stories. It's one heck of a hotel that's for sure.

If it wasn't for the huge sign at the entrance saying 'Grand Hotel' I would've assumed it was a mansion.

I take a long breath before I take a step towards the glass door, only for them to open. Cool.

I stop in tracks once I am actually In the so called lobby. Everything is so modern. And seems so expensive. This lobby is so large, I thought it was the whole hotel for a second.

I can't believe I'm going to live here.

People are everywhere, employees, new arrivals checking in, other people checking out and leaving, I wonder what it's like to be in their shoes.

I shake my head and push the crazy imaginations to the back of my mind.

I head to the front desk, where a beautiful woman dressed in a white and blue uniform stands smiling.

"Hello," I smile at her.

"Hello, welcome to Grand Hotel, L.A. How may I help you?" She grins widely.

"Um, I'm Skyler Ross. The new employee..?" The Woman holds up her finger as if to say 'just a second' and looks at her computer.

What? Did you think I'm here on vacation?

"Oh!" She looks at me, "That's right. Well, welcome to Grand Hotel. This.." She opens a drawer under her desk and pulls out a card. "Is the key to your room. You'll be staying here for the rest of the summer correct?" I nod my head smiling.

"Very well, someone from our staff will show you where you'll be working and tell you the rules and instructions. For now, you may go to your room and settle down. At 1 o'clock come here again, where one of our staff will be waiting to tell you where to go. Alright?"