/5/

Skyler.

"So any plans for today?" Casey asks, sitting down on the chair in my room.

It's been a week since I started working here, and for some reason, life isn't difficult at the moment.

Maybe it's because I met Casey, we've been hanging out together every minute of every day since I got here. She's the most caring, kind, selfless person I've met. And I love that she is a decent friend. Not a friend for a benefit, not for sympathy, and not for the sake of having fun.

And maybe because Luna has been feeling so happy lately, she spends the whole day at camp while I work, and when she comes back we either spend the rest of the day wondering around with Casey, or stay at our rooms and just chill.

Work, also, has been going great. Everyone is so classy and respectful. Well, almost everyone. There's this grumpy asshole that thinks just because he's rich, he has the whole world in the palm of his hand.

I've been ignoring him since the dreadful day when we met. God, I got quite the lecture about how 'the customer is always right' policy from my boss. To be fair, the guy isn't a fan of me either. So him being the classy snob that completely ignores me and only speaks when he wants something, is very fine by me.

"I'm picking Luna up in a little bit, so yeah, I got no plans afterwards." I tell her as I hang my uniform in the closet.

"Well..." She stands up and walks slowly towards me, "There's this party-"

"Oh no. no, no, no, and no Casey." I shake my head, making her roll her eyes. "You're not convincing me to go to any party. You've made me do lots of things and we met like, a week ago! But you are not going to convince me to go to one of the big parties they have here."

"But they're so fun!" She pouts, "And we can meet boys!" She swoons like a 13 year old girl.

"No Casey, you can go but don't get drunk."

"I'm not a kid Skye, I'm almost 20!"

"You sure act like it," I snicker a laugh before she swats my arm.

"Well fine, at least come with me to the mall downtown? I have nothing to wear." She pleads.

"Casey-"

"You're coming. Now get changed and I'll meet you in the hall in 10."

I groan loudly, I'm obviously not into parties. I've went to a couple ones back in the days, and came to a conclusion that a party means two things; alcohol and hormonal teenagers. God, they were no where near fun to me.

~~

"What about this?" Casey pulls out a really, really short red dress.

I raise an eyebrow, "Lovely, where's the rest of it?"

Luna bursts out laughing, making me crack a smile. Casey rolls her eyes and keeps searching.

While mocking her with Luna, I suddenly feel someone watching us, so I turn around. The guy looks away the second I catch him looking at us. He's standing at the counter, buying something. He looks like he's in his late 30s.

I ignore the uncomfortable feeling in my guts and focus back on helping Casey.

"Hey, look at that." I point at a beautiful thigh-high split dress. It's just so simple and I admire that.

"Yes! That would look perfect on you!"

"See I- wait, on me?" I raise an eyebrow, I chose it for her.

"Uh, yeah? I can't wear that! God, I need to get taller," She rolls her eyes. "Try it on. C'mon!"

"But I said I'm not coming Case."

"You'll look so pretty in that Skye! Pleaseeee!" Luna starts poking my side, whining. I roll my eyes.

"Fine, I'll try it. But I am not buying it or going to that party."

So somehow, I'm now at the counter buying the dress. Sigh.

I admit it looked pretty, but I can't keep spending this much money on these stuff. On the other hand, it didn't cost that much after all.

"Thank you." I nod at the cashier before taking the bag and heading out of the store to follow Casey and Luna to the Cotton candy store. Right before I step out, a hand pulls me by my wrist, making me turn immediately.

I'm met with a pair of green eyes. He stares at me deeply, as if he's trying to figure something out. I slip my hand out of his grasp, and quickly take a step back. He seems to snap out of it when I do that.

"Sorry, I.. thought you were someone else." He says, not breaking eye contact with me. I swallow harshly, trying to think of something to say back so I could leave.

"It's fine. Excuse me." I say before breaking eye contact and turning around to get the hell away from this creepy, creepy guy.

"Wait, what's your name?" He says, I stop in tracks, deciding wether I should turn to face him or run.

"I have to go." Running away it is.

I sprint away trying to not look like a mad woman, but I can't help but feel him following me. I choose not to look back, but I'm about to shit my pants because of this hesitancy, oh, and fear.

What the hell does he want from me?

I finally decide to turn around, but when I do, he's no where to be found. Just when I'm about to take a breath of relief, I bump into someone while turning back and it gives me a damn heart attack.

I gasp and back off, willing to kick this guy's ass just like he scared the living soul out of me.

"Hey, hey calm down." He takes both my hands in one of his, and I let go once I realise who he is.

"Peter? I'm sorry I thought-"

"It's cool, why are you so flushed? You were running like a mad woman."

Ugh.

"I uh, I was in a rush." I choose not to say that a creepy guy was following and staring at me weirdly. That'll be just strange.

"Okay, then I'll leave you to it, elevator girl." He winks at me, and I think that if I didnt just go through a mini heart attack, I'd be drooling.

He's just really good looking. Like, really good looking.

I realise he just passed me, so I say my name as low as I can, but enough for him to hear.

"It's Skyler." He stops in tracks and turn his head to smile, before continuing to walk away.

I sigh, the past five minutes have been a very weird mix of creepy, embarrassing, and just.. well, weird.

•••••
Thoughts? :) xx
(

Casey in the media above)