Jo Harvelle-Radar love

(Look up the song Radar love by Golden earing, it's wonderful)

My body moved in tune to the music flowing through my ears. I smirked and bobbed my head to the beat, swiping my machete across the head of a vamp, watching it roll away. "We've got a thing that's called...." His body dropped. "Radar love," I dodged as another blood sucker threw itself at me in fury. Of course she'd be considerably upset. I'd just slaughtered her hubby, and three other members of her little cult family.

She screamed at me and bared her sharp fangs, which glistened in the moonlight. "Ugh, you made me miss the beginning of the drum solo," I whined, and she ran at me again, only to impale herself on my outstretched weapon. I tsked. "No one interrupts the drum solo," With that I ripped the machete out and sliced her head off, just in time for the trumpets.

Blood covered me from head to toe, but that wasn't about to stop me from jamming. I wiped my machete off and sheathed it, snapping my fingers in rhythm with the song, and doing a little twirl. I let my feet glide across the blood soaked wooded floors of their cabin hideout. Closing my eyes I started singing along, head still swinging, and hips swaying.

"No more speed I'm almost there," I sang along, my air guitar solo taking flight. "Gotta keep cool now gotta take care," My beautiful solo continued. "Last vamp to pass here I go!" I chuckled, changing the lyric to fit my situation. I continued dancing, kicking one of the heads I'd chopped, and watching it roll into the wall unceremoniously. "And the line o-"

"What the actual fuck," My solo was rudely interrupted by a deep gruff voice, standing in the entry way to the nest. He was accompanied by two others. A literal giant, and the cutest girl I'd ever seen. "Hey! Can't you see I'm busy here?" I asked, pointing to the earbuds. I usually kept my volume loud enough so jam, but quiet enough to hear my surroundings.

The three of them looked so confused, I had to laugh. "This is the strangest hunt I've ever walked in on," The gruff voice continued, gigantor nodding in agreement. "So this isn't normal. Got it," The blonde cutie added, and I grinned. "Well it should be. I don't know how the rest of you hunters can stand the silence. I need me some background tunes. And you three just happened to interrupt one of my favorites," I chided, and hopped over.

"Name's Y/N," I introduced. The two men exchanged looks. "I'm Dean, this is my brother Sam, and our friend Jo," Gruff voice introduced. I grinned, noticing the use of the word friend. "Pleasure. Sorry to steal the action here, but you're more than welcome to help with the clean up. God knows that's the worst part when ya work alone," I gestured to the mess of bodies.

Jo was now covering her nose, her face scrunched as the smell of fresh blood finally hit her. "A yes. One of the many perks of being a hunter. The eau' de carnage," I took a big breath for extra dramatics, and nearly gagged myself. "Yep. Always a bonus," I turned and started to pile up the bodies, turning to the other three.

"Well are you guy's just gonna stand there or can I get a little help?" I asked. Reluctantly, they all made their way inside, and began to help. "So, I'm guessing you're the newbie, and this was supposed to be a practice hunt for you huh?" I spoke to Jo. She met my eyes in a flash of blue. "Is it that obvious?"

"It's okay everyone starts somewhere. Even Dan and Sergio," I assured, gesturing to the two men behind me. Dan spluttered, dropping the severed head in his hands, and Sergio looked at me with what can only be described as an utterly lost expression. "Okay Dan I get, but how the hell does Sam in any way sound like...Sergio?"

I shrugged. "Eh whatever," Jo giggled loudly, clapping a hand over her mouth as she was shot a bitch face by Sam. I smiled at Jo and winked, depositing of the last body. "Alright, let's burn this sucker to the ground!" I exclaimed, walking to the kitchen and turning on the stove, and the propane tank. "Run!" I exclaimed, and the four of us rushed out of the cabin.

We made it a safe distance just as the place exploded, illuminating the night in waves of orange. "Hell yea!" I laughed. "Damn...You are one...Crazy hunter," Dan spoke. Or maybe not Dan. "I just have fun with it. You should try it some time," I tossed him a smile. "So. Anyone up for some drinks? On me," I offered.

"I am!" Jo was grinning ear to ear, and I offered her my elbow. "Shall we m'lady?" I teased, and she giggled, taking my arm. "I'll ride with Y/N," She called to the boys, who both looked quite flabbergasted, if I did say so myself. "There's a great place called Manny's brewery maybe like...Ten miles south of here. We'll meet there," I smiled, and walked Jo to my car.

"You know, you're kinda weird, but I like it," Jo commented, and I laughed. "Thank you. I like it too. Makes me unique," I hummed and unlocked my car, and opening Jo's door for her. Immediately her eyebrows shot up. "Why thank you," She smiled, and slid into the passengers seat. "Quite welcome love," I smirked, and hopped into the drivers seat, pulling onto the road.

"So what made you decide to hunt?" I asked. She sighed. "Well...My whole family does. Or did...My dad was killed by one of them so I guess thats part of it. My mom doesn't want me to because it's dangerous, but I want to help people," She set her eyes, and I could tell she was serious. "Sure. I bet that most of the reason. But I bet you like it too. The adrenaline rush, the action. I know I do. And I can see it in you,"

She looked at me in shock for a moment. "I..." She trailed off, not knowing what to say. "It's okay to like it you know. You don't have to be ashamed," I assured, and she chewed her lip. "You think so?" I nodded. "I know so. Hell your friend Dan likes it. I can see it in him too," Jo giggled softly. "His name's Dean," She corrected, and I huffed. "Close enough,"

"So what got you into hunting?" She asked me. I knew the question would come back to bite me in the ass. "I was 13 when my family was killed. They were slaughtered in front of me by what I now know was a rugaru. It was about to kill me, when I was saved by a hunter who took me in as her own, raised me and taught me everything she knew. I guess that's why I listen to music all the time. To drown out the silence of my house after everyone was....Gone. Anyway, that's my sob story,"

Jo watched me with sad eyes. "I'm so sorry," She said softly and I sighed. "Yea. I'm sorry about your dad too," She offered me a sad smile. "Thanks. You know...You should come back with Sam, Dean and I. My mom owns a bar called the roadhouse. It's where a lot of hunters go. I think you'd fit right in,"

I felt a warmth in my chest that I thought had gone out a long time ago. "Really?" Jo smiled wider this time. "Yea. And that way I can take you out on a date," She added, with a smirk of her own. I laughed. "Well that sounds like a damn good plan to me,"