Chapter 4

Lightning's POV

"Uncle Daryl." I looked at my uncle.

"Yeah?" He looked down at me curiously.

"How did you get bacon?" I asked tilting my head to the side a little bit.

"You didn't notice the pigs?" He said pointing out into the court yard. "And we have a horse but Michonne uses him for runs."

That's when I noticed the 2 terribly built pens. One held a chestnut horse and the other held a grown pig that was lying down and a bunch of little babies.

"Oh my god! They're adorable!" I squealed. I heard chuckling behind me.

I looked back and saw uncle Daryl, rick, Michonne, Hershel, Maggie and Beth all giggling at me. I blushed and went to sit down at a table.

"What do you want to eat?" Maggie asked me.

"Everything please." I said giggling. Maggie chuckled and than walked away.

After a few minutes I saw Carl and the girl he was kissing earlier come around the corner of the building I saw them at earlier. The girl stalked away from Carl looking kinda pissed off. Carl saw me looking and I quickly turned my head away.

Maggie came back with two plates full of food. I swear I was drooling. Maggie must have noticed because she let out a soft laugh.

"You should have told me to come with you. I could have carried my plate instead of you carrying both of our plates." I said quickly grabbing my plate trying to help Maggie.

"It's fine Lightning. You don't need to worry about that." Maggie giggled sitting in front of me.

"So how long have you been here at the prison?" I asked through a full mouth.

"Actually back than we only had a small group. Some members died. We took over the prison and it had a lot of walkers in it but we cleared it. We made a home and found all of these people. But we don't take in just anyone. We ask three questions first. How many walkers have they killed? How many people have they killed and why? That's it. If they answer correctly they get to join. If not, well, we leave them behind. Simple." Maggie said looking down the whole time.

"It's a hard world." I sighed and continued eating.

After eating Maggie came to me and asked me if I wanted to go on a run. I said yes and I ran back to my room in the prison.

Man, that sounds weird.

I giggled at my thought and when I reached my room I saw Carl standing in the doorway. He didn't notice me because his back was to me but I just stared at his back feeling nervous.

After staring a few seconds I finally built up the courage to walk over to him.

"You're in my way." I said. He turned to me and looked a little bit startled.

"Yeah. So? What are you gonna do about it?" He said smirking at me. I got annoyed and said.

"This." I pushed Carl out of the way and walked into my room.

"Pushy." I heard Carl mumble. He walked into my room and sat on my bed.

"Sure. Come on in. Get comfortable." I said sarcastically not looking at him. I put my back pack over my shoulder and my gun in my back pocket along with my knifes in there rightful places.

"Why thank you. You're so kind." He replied to me still with that stupid smirk. I just wanted to slap that smirk right off of his stupid little face.

"Well if you would be so kind as to leave that would be great." I said getting really annoyed now.

"I need to talk to you first. Look me and Shelby we broke up okay? So, don't get the wrong idea. All she wanted was to get in my pants and she was really annoying so I broke up with her." Carl said having a staring contest with the ground. For some odd reason I felt relieved but I brushed it off and put a hand on my hip.

"And you're telling me this why?" I said staring at him. He finally looked at me with his gorgeous blue eyes. Wait... What? Did I just say that? No. No I didn't!

"I dont know. I just wanted to tell you." He said and than he walked out.

"Well bye." I mumbled to myself. I than decided to go find Maggie. I can't wait to go on a run. I have a feeling it's going to be interesting.

-AUTHORS NOTE-

So sorry I haven't updated. I've been super busy and stuff and I just didn't have time to update. I will try to make a longer chapter tomorrow.