The Birds Gather

"Can't believe I had to leave so soon," Ringo huffed.

"Aw, Ringo, don't be so glum," I smiled, shifting the phone to my other ear, "You're in the bloody Alps. Is it nice there?"

"Beautiful. We're about to go up on the mountain now. Paul's freezing his arse off."

I laughed, "Paulie and the cold never did go together well."

"We might have to bring him back and shove him in the microwave."

"Ah, but when you get to The Bahamas, he'll turn from a popsicle into a puddle."

The filming for Help! had started just three days after Zak was born. Ringo was made to go all over the world for a movie he didn't even want to make, leaving his wife with his newborn son all alone. Luckily for him, Maureen was as tough as she was beautiful. She was up and walking around just ten minutes after giving birth.

"Wish we didn't have to leave," Ringo huffed, "Say, Mel, wouldja mind checking up on Mo for me?"

"Was planning on it anyways, Ringo. Mols, Pattie, Cyn, and I thought we'd give her a bit of company."

Ringo's voice raised a little, telling me he was smiling, "Thanks. I've got to go, duty calls."

"Don't eat the yellow snow," I cheekily remarked.

"I'll keep that in mind."

With that, I set the phone back on the receiver. Even from several thousand miles away, I could hear the lads complaining. Doing another movie was the last thing on their agenda, but Brian had dutifully reminded them that they had a contract. Technically, their contract was for five movies, this was only the beginning.

The same director, Richard Lester, was directing Help! Once again, he had written in a cameo for the rebels. This time, is wasn't just me, it was the entire band. Molly, Linda, and I had an entire scene in the movie. Ellen had showed us the scripts and given us a bit more warning this time, unlike last time when Lester called me the day before filming. This movie seemed to be planned out better than the last.

"Bloody fuck!" I heard Molly exclaim.

I strolled into the living room to find her on the floor. She was doing her best to wrap the present we had gotten for Maureen. The silver wrapping paper was tangled around the box and Molly had tape stuck all over her body. She was desperately trying to hold together two pieces of paper that were just a hair too short to wrap around the box.

"It's going well, then?" I sarcastically asked.

Molly glared at me, "Bugger off, Melly."

"Come off it, let me try."

"I've got it!"

"Do you?" I asked, "You've got tape in your hair. Did you know that?"

She moved her hand to her hair. As she did, the entire wrapping job came undone. She threw her arms up in exasperation, "That's it! Mo's gettin' a bloody box!"

"Calm down, Mols, let me have a go."

"Rubbish!" Molly exclaimed.

I gently pushed her aside to kneel next to the box. The main problem was that she had cut the wrapping paper too short. I abandoned her original project and started over.

"Wanker," Molly muttered when I showed her the wrapped box.

I smirked, "Aw, poor baby."

Molly rolled her eyes and chuckled, causing me to grin. Tucking the package under my arm, I said, "We better go, then, before we're late."