Vacation Time

Each band had a new album out, both were looking forward to a Christmas show and a trip to America, but the members were tuckered out. It seemed like the appropriate time for a vacation, and where better than the lovely Greece? Wonderful beaches, beautiful architecture, and kind people. It was the first vacation we all took together as a group, but it certainly wasn't the last.

We all pooled our money and rented a house on the coast. Altogether, it was John, Cynthia, Paul, Jane, Ringo, Maureen, George, Molly, Janice, and me. We all purchased a house large enough for each of us to have a bedroom if we shared. One of the rooms was outfitted with two bunk beds. George, being the only male without a partner, bunked with Molly, Janice, and me. The rest all paired off with their significant others and took the other bedrooms.

The Greek beaches were ten times better than the Liverpool beaches. There was no fishy smell or rude sailors whistling at every girl that passed. Most were practically deserted, due to winter fast approaching. It was the perfect place for The Beatles and friends to hide away from the growing Beatlemania.

"It's weird being at a beach with no fishy smell," I commented.

George, Jane, Molly, and I all sat in the sand. Molly and Jane were building a sandcastle together as George and I watched. I was digging my toes in the sand and letting the waves wash over my feet.

"I dunno, I like it," George replied, "I was beginning to hate fish."

Molly snorted, "Beginning? I've never liked it."

"You didn't grow up with the smell."

Molly shrugged. It occurred to me that was the first time I had ever seen her in a bathing suit. She wore a striped one piece that covered all of her torso and slightly down her thighs. It was quite beautiful.

Ever since my trip with Ringo, I was noticing more about Molly. The little things she did suddenly became huge in my eyes. Every time she subconsciously twirled her hair or tugged at the bottom of her ear, I found myself smiling wistfully. I noticed her little lip bite every time she was about to say something funny and the way she moved her fingers whenever she was distracted and needed to fidget. Every time she spoke, I found myself entranced by the way she moved her lips, and it was difficult to look away. 

"Greece is lovely," Jane said, "Perhaps we could go inland and look at the historical sites. I hear there is a temple to Athena not too far from here."

I grinned, "That'd be gear."

"Boring, if you ask me," George replied, "I got enough history in school."

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it," I chided.

He rolled his eyes. I chuckled slightly, shaking my head and looking out over the ocean. Paul and John were far out in the water, both balancing on boards they had rented from a nearby shop. Ringo and Maureen were halfway between us and them, seemingly having a race. Cynthia was fast asleep on a blanket nearby. Janice was sitting next to her, reading a book.

It was a peaceful time. For a moment, everything was alright. No press, no crazy fans, and no-shows to get to. We could all finally lean back and take a deep breath, knowing we've accomplished what we set out to do.

George left when Paul and John returned to shore. They all met up closer to Cynthia, making sure to keep their voices down to keep from waking her. Janice looked up at them for a moment before returning to her book. Why she wanted to read on a beautiful day such as this, I couldn't figure out.

"Melly!" Ringo suddenly called, "Melly, come here!"

Jane, Molly, and I all glanced up. Ringo was a few meters away with the other lads. He held a camera and was beckoning to me. I shrugged and went over there.