You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

The hardest thing in the world is loving someone you can't love, but spend every day with. Seeing someone you want right in front of you, but out of reach was a torture one can only imagine. I knew this pain, and I have known for a year, but it was nothing compared to after that night. After the night I called 'Hidden Night', I could barely look at Molly and she could barely look at me. We spent the shows avoiding each other. It got to the point where I used the bathroom as a dressing room. Everybody thought Molly and I had just gotten into a severe argument, but it was quite the opposite. I didn't avoid her because I hated her, I avoided her because I loved her.

Our shows and our tour were suffering because of it. Molly and I were the core of Revolution. As much as Janice was a part of it, we wouldn't be a band without her, Molly and I were the two legs the band had to stand on. With us not looking at each other, let alone speaking with each other, the band suffered. We couldn't get things done without Janice being the mediator. I couldn't even manage to be in the same room as Molly for more than a minute. The guilt was too much, compiled with the pain of loving, it was all too much.

"Perk up, Melly, you're gettin' us all down," John flopped onto the couch next to me.

I glanced over the top of my book at him, "I'm fine, John."

"Obviously not. You haven't made a joke all day, it's unlike you."

"You missed at least six opportunities to make a cheeky comment," Paul added, "We even gave you some, and you missed them."

I shrugged, "Just not in the mood, I s'pose."

"That's a lie and you know it. I've seen you sick as sick can be, and you still didn't pass up a joke," Paul replied.

I frowned. Both lads gazed at me, waiting for my response. Either I would break and tell them everything, or I would storm out. To surprise us all, I didn't react, I simply went back to reading my book.

The words flowed through my head like a school lecture. I remembered none of it, even though I was enjoying the story. My head was filled with rushing thoughts that wouldn't shut up, even for a second.

"If you don't stop moping soon, I'm gonna slap the joy right into ya," John commented.

Both lads stared at me expectantly. I glanced at John before sighing, "Sorry."

"See!" John exclaimed, "That's exactly what I mean! You missed the perfect opportunity to hit me with a biting comeback or a sarcastic reply. The Amelia I know doesn't apologize."

"Guess I'm just off, is all," I replied.

I'd say I was a bit more than off. I was completely upside down, turned inside out to where no one could recognize me anymore.

"Alright, that's it," Paul leaped to his feet, "What you need is some fresh air and a distraction."

He rushed into the bedroom. I watched him. John glanced at me, a cheeky smile crossing his lips. He followed Paul moments later. They did their best to keep their conversation quiet, but neither lad could speak under a loud whisper.

"We escaping, Macca?" John asked.

"Lia and I are," Paul replied, "You stay here and cover for us if Eppy asks questions."

"What?! I'm sick of this joint, I'm comin' too."

"John, no, listen, something's wrong with Lia. She's got to talk to me."

"I can get her to talk."

I could hear Paul shake his head, "Trust me, John, we might have better luck if it were just Lia and me."