Liddypool Bop

"I feel like a free woman!" I exclaimed.

Molly grabbed my arms and pulled them back down. The four of us were sitting on the top of a double-decker London bus, on our way home from the studio. Linda and Heather were coming home with us for a round of drinks or, in Heather's case, grape juice. We were finally celebrating the completion of our fourth album, the first with Linda.

"Calm down," Molly shook her head, "You'll scare the people."

She gestured to the pedestrians walking along the pavement. I crossed my arms and scoffed, "I don't care. Let them be scared! We finished our fourth bloody album!"

I cheered loudly. Molly laughed as Linda simply shook her head. All of us were in a state of complete bliss. After two months and endless hours in the studio, we had finally completed what I considered to be our masterpiece. Our new album, called Liddypool Bop, was something no one had ever seen before. It was a brilliant brain child of four creative minds; Molly, Janice, Linda, and myself. Four minds, four musicians, a brilliant producer, and the only manager ever able to keep us in line made that album possible.

"We should do something to celebrate this momentous occasion," I said.

Molly lifted an eyebrow, "What do you suggest?"

"A vacation."

"To where?" Molly asked, "We can't go far, Ellen needs us on Monday for the promo video."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Well, Fiji's out of the question. We could always go to Scotland."

I met Molly's eyes. She shook her head, telling me she wasn't ready for that. I squeezed her hand and nodded, "Alright, not Scotland, Wales then."

"What's in Wales?"

"Good point."

Molly shrugged, "We could always go to Liverpool and visit our families."

Liverpool was a good idea. I had recently purchased a stuffed unicorn I wanted to give Ruth. Most people would wait until Christmas, but that was still months away. Besides, I couldn't wait for her reaction when she realized it would sing to her. I also missed my father, it was about time we paid them a visit.

"Good ole Liddypool," I grinned, "It's about time we paid them a visit."

Molly turned to Linda, "Will you come with us?"

"I don't see why not. I've heard so much about Liverpool, I guess it's about time I saw it for myself," Linda replied.

I jumped up and grinned, "Brilliant! We'll show you where it all began!"

"Amelia, for Christ's sake, calm down!" Molly pulled me back into my seat.

"I can't be contained, Molly," I replied, "We're goin' home, and we'll show Linda where The Revolution was born. It's about time she got to see the legacy."

Linda smiled, "I'm looking forward to it."

"It's settled, to Liverpool!"

***

"Maybe we should've gotten the beards," Molly suggested as the train pulled into the station.

I glared at her, "I will burn those fucking beards."

"You say that, but you never do it."

"One day I will."

Linda lifted an eyebrow, "What beards?"

"Long story," I replied, "The lads have fake beards they use for disguises and I bloody hate them."

Molly chuckled, "They made Amelia wear one once."