Act Naturally

Mornings and I never got along. Even when I was a baby, I would never wake up anywhere earlier than nine o'clock. I had very specific memories of Mum doing her very best to coax me awake, ending up having to physically pull me from bed in order to have me up and awake in time for school. There were many mornings where I had hit Paul or Michael whenever they abruptly woke me up.

Waking up myself was an achievement. I woke up to Molly curled against my side. The sun had yet to rise, and neither did I. I slipped out of bed, careful not to wake her, and sluggishly walked to the bathroom. My mind wasn't awake enough to realize anything except for how bloody early it was.

I felt like I was the only one awake in the entirety of London. All I wanted was to crawl back into bed with Molly and go to sleep, not go to a studio across the city to film a movie I knew almost nothing about. I didn't even know my lines, and they expected me to act it out.

"Why did I agree to this?" I grumbled as I entered the lift, "I bloody hate mornings."

I took the underground to the studio. It was on the exact opposite side of the city, meaning I was stuck in the train for quite some time. In that time, I nearly fell asleep on the benches. I would have if it weren't for the sudden jerks of the train pulling me back to life.

When I reached the studio, I was in a piss poor mood. The sun was just beginning to make it's way over the horizon, sending waves of light over the otherwise dark city. I shot a glare at the dawning sky and scoffed as if the sun itself had offended me. 

The studio was well-lit with a clean waiting room but no people. When I stepped inside, nobody was around. That didn't do much for my mood. I went through the halls looking for someone, but the entire studio seemed empty.

"Hello?" I called, "If no one shows up in the next thirty seconds, I'm going home."

"Amelia, wonderful."

I spun around to see Brian just stepping out of the lift. Turning my gaze towards the ceiling, I groaned, "Is the universe against me today?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I fucking hate mornings," I grumbled, "I want to sleep."

Brian shook his head, "You can sleep later. Neil went to go pick up the boys, we are to meet them at the train station."

"The train station?"

"Yes."

"Why the bloody hell did I come here, then?!" I asked, "I could have just gone there, or I could have slept more, fucking hell!"

Brian held up his hands, "Amelia, please, you came here so you could ride with me and the boys to the train station. They were late, so I sent Neil to get them. We will meet them there."

"Alright, but I'm not gonna be happy about it," I crossed my arms.

Brian sighed. He had gotten a glimpse at morning Amelia during the world tour, and he knew this wasn't directed at him. I was always in a foul mood when I woke up, everyone around me simply had to deal with it. During our time in Hamburg, John would lock me in a closet until I finally woke up enough. Only when I apologized would he unlock the door so I could come out of the closet. 

There was a car parked just outside. Brian slid into the driver's seat while I took the passengers seat. As he put the car into gear, I fell back and groaned, "How long until we get there?"

"About an hour."

"I'm going to take a nap."

"Amelia, you need to stay awake."