Dinner At Georgie's

Molly's humming was slowly lulling me to sleep. My head was on her stomach as she laid on the bed, reading a magazine. The Beatles were on the cover, which wasn't surprising. The four lads I knew so well smiled from the page and stared at me as if silently asking me to help them. I could see, by their eyes, they did not want to do that photoshoot. Only Ringo looked genuinely happy, but that was how he was most all of the time.

"Cilla Black got a number one," Molly commented.

"Hm?" I hummed, "Jolly good."

Molly chuckled, "Melly, are you falling asleep?"

"Maybe."

"We've got to leave in an hour," Molly replied.

I sighed, "Gives me a forty minute nap. You're so comfy, I don't wanna move."

Molly laughed. Her belly bounced as she did, making me grumble slightly. I wrapped my arms tighter around her and ducked my head lower. The threat of having to leave was looming over my head, but I was ignoring it. I would have been perfectly happy to stay like that all day.

"We've got to move eventually," Molly said.

I hummed, "Soon, but not now."

"Alright, you lazy bum."

"I'll accept that."

Molly dropped the magazine and began to play with my hair. Her fingers brushing against my scalp was calming, oddly. If anyone else were to touch my hair I would slap them. Paul and Michael had been the victims of this several times. Molly was the only one who could get away with it. Not only could she do it, but I enjoyed it. Perhaps that's what love is, learning to love the things you had hated before simply because the person you loved enjoyed it.

"It's nice being back home," Molly commented, "I can do this without being afraid."

She grabbed my hand and pecked the back of it. When she finished, she held it close to her chest. I moved to where I could look at her and smile, "You did it anyways."

"Only when the doors were shut."

I chuckled. Removing my head from her stomach, I plopped it onto the pillow next to her. She quickly turned to her side and wrapped her arms around my middle. I snaked mine around her, pulling her close until we were pressed up against each other under the blanket. Her warmth spread over me like a heater, filling me up from the outside in. I smiled in content.

"I like it when you smile," Molly whispered, "It makes me fall for you all over again."

I beamed, "I'll have to do it more often then, yeah?"

Molly craned her neck back to peck my lips. I giggled, kissing her back. When we pulled apart, she rested her head on my chest and took a deep breath.

"By golly, Miss Molly, you mean the world to me," I muttered.

Molly squeezed me tighter, "You are my world."

"Trying to one up me, are ya?"

"Maybe," Molly giggled, "I love you, Amelia."

I beamed, "I love you too, Molly."

I pulled her closer, looking over her head to see Janice pass the open door. She was carrying a large cardboard box and made no notion to acknowledge us. She probably didn't even know we were there, since she couldn't hear us. Behind her, Peter came trotting up with a box twice as large and overflowing with clothes. My heart panged whenever I remembered they were packing the last few boxes of Janice's stuff to move to Peter's flat.