Try Everything

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow." – Mary Anne Radmacher

She winced in pain as she walked towards the arena.

"Rhow, you don't have to do this. Just go back to the infirmary and get better before you make this attempt again." Fii pleaded from beside her.

Ignoring her, Rhowette kept walking towards the crowd of people surrounding the training square. Her entire body felt broken and every nerve ending was telling her to walk in the opposite direction. But she had been through worse with Charles, so she was not going to back down now. She pushed herself over the fence and into the space within. Turning her head slightly to the right, she acknowledged the worried faces of Daniel and Fiona. She could feel another pair of eyes boring through her skull. She turned to see a very furious Philip glaring at her. His eyes had gone dark and it was very obvious that he was trying to hold Philemon at bay. He was not pleased at all about Rhowette's decision to have a rematch with Nathaniel after what happened yesterday.

24 hours before.....

"Rhow, wake up. You have training remember." Fii shoved Rhowette in an attempt to wake her up. But the word training woke her up quicker than a bucket of ice cold water could.

"I totally forgot," I Rhowette groaned, as she rushed to get out of bed. But as unlucky as she was, her legs got entangled in the sheets and straight down she plummeted face first to the thankfully not so hard carpeted floor.

"Remind me to thoroughly laugh about this later. In the meanwhile, put this on."

Fiona shoved a couple of clothes into her hands. Quickly Rhowette took off her oversized tees alongside her comfy pajama downs and her oh-so-warm socks just so she could put on the tank top and yoga pants, before slipping on a pair of not so comfy boots.

"All done," Rhowette grinned

"It's about time," Fii muttered dramatically as she turned to leave the room with Rhowette following right behind.

"What time is it?"Rhowette asked in surprise, noticing how dawn was far from breaking when they pushed through the doors and out into the open.

"Just after 4am. Now hurry and let's join them over there."

Squinting, Rhowette noted the number of people standing quite a distance away, slightly concealed by the early morning fog. Their boots crunched against the gritty sand as they hurried to join them. Upon drawing nearer, Rhowette noticed a blond, well-built man standing in front of the group, giving out some form of instruction.

"Kind of you to finally join us Fiona and-," The blond guy started just as they came to a stop beside the group. "-oh, you must be the girl Abraham was talking about." He added after a pause, grinning wickedly. Someone growled lowly amidst the crowd.

"Try to keep up." He blew a whistle and started to jog, with everyone following him.

Rhowette had never been the sporty type. Even if she had a talent for it, it was clearly under developed because not only was she clearly lagging behind; she was also completely out of oxygen. Losing her balance, she tripped and landed unceremoniously on her palms and knees. She bit back the cry that threatened to escape her lips.

"Are you okay?"

Rhowette looked up to see a really worried Philip beside her. Looking behind him she saw Daniel and Fiona heading their way

"Yeah, I think so. I kind of scraped my knees but it's nothing really serio-,"

"What is going on there? Why have you all stopped jogging?"

"She fell so-" Fii began only to be interrupted.

"And so what? She needs to learn to toughen up so all of you, get back to jogging now." The blond man scolded.

Philip bit back a growl. He didn't like being spoken to this way but with under his dad's order, he was to follow ever instruction Grant gave on during training. Being the head of security and the pack trainer, Grant was quite a personality. The kind people rarely got along with. But Philip had to reluctantly admit that he was good at his job.

Helping Rhowette up, he looked over her body to be sure that she truly wasn't injured before pulling her into a jog beside him and the twins.

"Finally," Rhowette heaved as she finally came to a stop on the pack training grounds. They had jogged through a path in the woods for over an hour before redirecting and making their way back. Her wobbly legs collapsed under her and she gratefully welcomed the feeling of the tension easing out of them.

"Weakling," Someone spat out.

Rhowette rolled her eyes and groaned internally.

"Back off, Monroy."

"Aaaah, always ready to bark in her defense huh, McDan?" Yvette raised one of her rather shapely eyebrows as she glared at Fiona.

"Back down girls, we are going to have a sparring match between someone from this pack and the white moon pack."

"Rhowette, please step forward."

Rhowette's heart sank as Grant uttered those four words."

"Grant, you can't let her have a sparring match when she has barely had any training." Philip argued. He didn't like how events were unfolding one bit.

"My grounds, my rules. Don't forget that pup. Nathaniel step forward."

This time, both Daniel and Philip growled.

"Does it have to be Nathaniel, cant she at least spar with a female or someone who is not so unequally matched in strength?" Daniel tried to reason.

"I'd say this just one more time. My grounds, my rules."

Reluctantly, Rhowette stood up and headed into the arena. She grunted as she climbed over the fence. Landing with a thud, she stared wide eyed at the person she was to spar with. He was buff and not so scarily looking but he looked as though he could take her out with a snap of his fingers.

Rhowette breathed in and out, " okay, okay lets prove everyone wrong. You can do this" she whispered.

Grant blew the whistle and Nathaniel charged at her. Hell no, you can't do this, she internally screamed just as Nathaniel barreled into her, knocking the air out of her lungs. She landed straight on her back and she rolled over just in time to dodge a fist that was being aimed at her. Scrambling to get up, she hurriedly turned to face her attacker only to have a blow landed on her stomach. She fell down again, and this time, her head hit the floor with a resounding thud that caused the crowd to gasp.

With a growl, Philip jumped into the arena and landed blow after blow on Nathaniel with pure unconcealed rage. Daniel tried to pull him away, but it looked like Philemon had taken over.

"Phil, stop it, Rhow needs help right now." Fiona shouted, managing to snap him out of his rage.

"Rhow, can you hear me?" Fiona murmured from beside Rhowette's curled up body. Rhowette groaned. She could faintly hear voices around her but the pull of the darkness was stronger. And she couldn't help but submit to it.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi there,

I know it has been a very very long while, and I mentioned in my last note that my vacation is pretty much taken, but regardless, lets make this December, one to remember. Happy New month dearies. And please don't forget to like, comment and share. You know I live for those. By the way sorry for the typos....okay okay, let me just shut up now. Thanks a lot.

Love,

KellaYebba