Chapter nineteen: "Pleasure to meet you, love."

God, he almost looks like you in the dark
-Nicky Romero
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's a tradition, you've gotta do it!" Fereshta urges as Negina denies again. "Come on, Ameena did it when she was marrying Mansoor."

Negina looks at Ameena, "this Ameena?"

"Yes!" Ameena says sighing at her stupid self. Negina was still unsure, "so you want me to sing a song that Khalid picks, infront of your whole family?"

Fereshta smiles, "almost. It's not one song, he gets to pick many. Like a mashup. " She says. Negina bursts out laughing. "Never in a million years."

"Come on! You get to pick songs and then he'll have to sing them." Fereshta explains. Negina looks up, now this was a deal. "Any songs?"

"Any songs." Fereshta smirks. Negina smirks as well. Good deal. A few minutes of embarrassment and torture and then she'll get to hear Khalid sing, and we'll see if he embarrasses himself.

"Fine." Negina says agreeing, kind of regretting it right away.

..........

"She agreed!" Mansoor yells running into Khalid's room. Khalid raises his head from the book in his hand and smiles certainly.

"Perfect." He mutters to himself.

"Now what?" Mansoor asks sitting on the couch next to Khalid. Khalid smiles wrapping his one arm around Mansoor and sits back in the couch, "now, you watch what happens my friend."

Mansoor looks at him as if Khalid grew a second hand. "You wouldn't."

"Oh, yes I would." Khalid's smirk never leaves his face as they walk in together to the living room. 

..........

In the living room, there were two microphones set up facing each other towards the middle. Negina sits in the couch next to Ameena and Fereshta hands her notecards and a black marker.

"What is this for?" Negina asks holdin up the supplies in her hand.

"You write the name of the song you want Khalid to sing and then give it to me, I send Khalid the lyrics by text and he sings them out loud. Easy?" Fereshta asks.

"Yeah, aren't your parents joining us?" Negina asks. Fereshta shakes her head, "no, they're at a dinner party."

Negina mentally thanks Allah for less people to get embarrassed in front of. It's true Negina works at a radio station. But it took her a whole three months to get her voice in shape. At the beginning of her DJ career she sounded like a dying cow on the radio.

There was a knock on the door and seconds later Fereshta and Negina hear happy voices come inside the house. Negina

"Guys, you made it." It was Khalid. "And you brought your lovely ladies with you." Now this caught Negina's attention. Ladies?

"Come on in," and after that they see a few people enter the living room. Negina and Fereshta stand up to introduce themselves. Or that's what Negina thought. Fereshta started squealing and pulls all the girls into a group hug.

After the girls a boy enters, not a year older than Mustafa, and just as good looking. Another male enters, only his age way sure to be in the late twenties. And finally a god enters, Liam Payne.

Negina's eyes open wide when she sees him. Negina has met a lot of famous people. But they were only internet famous, not world famous. Seeing Liam Payne, in her fiancés living room.