13

𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
the bags under my eyes are designer

𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓the bags under my eyes are designer

"DEREK? Derek, where are you?" 

Alex felt her blood boil in her veins at the sound of Jennifer Blake's voice, dripping casually with feigned innocence. 

She was far too late. Derek already knew about the incident at the school.

Soon enough, Stiles, Alex, and Scott found themselves hiding behind at wall and were undoubted to the fact that Derek was back on their side. 

"Right here," Derek answered, stepping out of the shadows.

Jennifer walked into his arms, curler her own around his neck. "Thank God," she gasped, her smile falling from her lips. "Something happened at the recital. At the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them." She hadn't wasted a second in her explanation. 

Derek furrowed his brows in confusion, questioning: "From who?" 

"Scott, Stiles," Jennifer paused, before she bitterly finished, "Alex." It was funny to see her play the innocent facade. "They're gonna tell you things - things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay?"

"What is it?"

"Promise you'll listen to me," Jennifer pleaded, her voice wavering.

Derek nodded once. "I promise."

There was a moment of silence, and the trio didn't even want to begin to imagine them kissing.

But then, something went wrong, or Derek's façade didn't reach his lips, because Jennifer snarled out, "They're already here, aren't they?"

And with that, the three teenagers walked out from behind the wall. Alex was trying her best to control her rage as they came face-to-face with Jennifer. Stiles looked as though he were barely holding himself together as tears trickled down his face.

"So, they told you it was me?" Jennifer asked, feigning hurt. "That I'm the one taking people?" 

Scott's eyes narrowed. "We told him you're the one killing people." 

"Oh, that's right," Jennifer agreed sarcastically, chuckling slightly. "Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense."