10

𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒
things change, you know. people change

"OKAY, keep pressure on it

"OKAY, keep pressure on it. The doctor's on her way," Melissa told the woman who sat beside Alex. "And does anyone know where Dr. Hilyard is?"

That's when both Alex and Melissa saw Scott enter the hospital. While Melissa walked towards her son, Alex quickly turned to the woman, compelled her and fed her blood, healing her. She told her to forget what she saw, and she smiled at Alex before leaving.

"Is everything okay?" Alex walked over to Melissa and Scott, frowning.

"Except for half the accident victims in a ten car pile-up being rerouted here from downtown, and the E.R. attending not answering any of his pages, yeah, everything's okay."

Alex crossed her arms as she stared at Scott who gave her a skeptical look. "What are you doing here?" He asked, and she felt her heart a little. She saved his life, almost took her own, and he still didn't trust her.

"She's been helping me, Scott. Somehow, she's been able to make everyone feel better," Melissa told her son, scoldingly. Alec smirked in satisfaction as he gave her another look of disbelief.

"What does not answering pages mean?" Scott changed the topic making Alex roll her pretty blue eyes.

"It means that nobody can find him, so now we have to wait for the on call to get here." Melissa faced the receptionist. "Okay. How much longer on Dr. Hilyard?"

"Ten minutes."

"Someone help me!" They abruptly turned to see Ethan run in with an unconscious Danny. "I need help!"

"What did you do to him?" Alex rushed behind Scott as they approached Ethan. Melissa grabbed him and they started pacing down the hall.

"Nothing," Ethan told them, and Alex listening in on his heartbeat, and found that he was telling the truth. "He said he was having chest pains and trouble breathing, but it... it just kept getting worse."

Alex looked over at Danny, biting her lip harshly. She could give him her blood, but how could she that with all of them around her?

"This is not good," Melissa commented. "How much longer on Dr. Hilyard?" She shouted down the hall, but everyone was so busy that no one said anything. "His larynx has shifted to the side. I think it's a tension pneumothorax."

Danny bent over and threw up, and Alex let out a small gasp and jumped back, her eyes widening at what was on the floor.

"Mistletoe." That's something she can't heal with her blood.

"Where are the nurses and the doctors? Where is everyone?" Ethan asked Melissa, looking around at everyone.

"It's a full house tonight. They're tending to other patients."