11

𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐘
every family has a legacy, i intend to fight for always and forever, even if it destroys me

𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐘 every family has a legacy, i intend to fight for always and forever, even if it destroys me

"THEY were there for two days, waiting, hiding.," Cora said, finishing the story she had been telling them about Peter and Derek when they were younger. "That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us– Hide and heal."

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows. "Okay, so is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Derek's on like, some extended getaway?" He asked, throwing his hands out to the side.

"Why do you care?" Cora sassed, flinging her body in the direction of Stiles and Alex.

Stiles cocked his head to the side. "Let's see... because over the last few weeks, my best friend's tried to kill himself. The girl I –Alex almost ripped her heart out. His boss nearly got ritually sacrificed. A girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed. Boyd was almost killed by alphas. I... do you want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour."

Cora narrowed her eyes and began walking slowly away from the loft window, "You think Derek can do anything about that?"

"Well, since he's the one that everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it, yeah." Stiles replied.

Alex nodded slightly, "Yeah, I completely agree with that."

"I don't know...There's something different about him now," Cora admitted, "He wasn't like this when we knew him."

"Well, then what was he like?" Alex asked out of curiosity.

"A lot like Scott, actually," Peter replied as he walked down the spiral staircase. "A lot like most teenagers. Unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really to only to other teenagers."

Alex pulled herself up onto the desk. "You're not tolerable to anyone, so it looks like Derek wins there."

Stiles glanced over at her, a small smirk taking over his lips before he looked back towards Peter. "And so what happened to him? What changed him?"

"Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men...A girl."

"You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?" Stiles asked and Alex didn't miss the way both Peter's and Stiles' eyes turned to glance as her.

"Heartbreak isn't beautiful, Stiles, it literally breaks a piece of you off. Heartbreak makes you vulnerable. It opens up your chest and opens up your heart and it means someone can get inside and mess you up. You build up these defenses so something like heartbreak can't happen but then this one stupid, ordinary, no different form anyone else, person comes storming into your stupid life and you give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it, you didn't ask for it, but it happens. Love takes hostages. It get's inside you. It eats you out and leaves you to wither away. It's like a glass splinter making it's way into your heart. It hurts. And there's nothing you can so about it," Once Alex finished, the three of them was staring at her in shock.