08

𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐃
be patient. just like a puzzle, it takes time for all the pieces of your life to come together

 just like a puzzle, it takes time for all the pieces of your life to come together

"YO, Scotty." Stiles snapped his fingers next to Scott's face, "Hey, yo, Scotty, still with me?" He questioned the Latino boy who was leaning against the window, looking like he was about to pass out.

Alex was sitting behind them, running my fingers through Stiles' hair. Her thoughts from the last few days clouding her mind. Klaus probably has witches searching for her location, which is why she's glad that she had a witch of her own. She sighed, running her long manicured fingers on Stiles' scalp, hearing a little hum come from him in delight.

"Yeah, sorry." Scott sat up straighter but Alex saw the wince. She smelt the air, smelling blood. Her eyes went straight to Scott, wondering why he wasn't saying anything. "Uh, what's the word?"

"Anachronism."

"Something that exists out of its normal time," Scott answered, no hesitation.

Alex smirked because she felt like a proud mother since she's the one who compelled him to study more. He had told her about his grades and she took it in her own hands  to help him out. She could've just compelled the teachers to give him a good grade, but decided to not do that for his sake. See, she can be nice sometimes...

"Nice. Okay, next word...Incongruous."

"Um, can you use it in a sentence?"

"Yes. Yes, I can." Stiles nodded. "It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened... incongruous."

Alex swallowed thickly, thinking about went down last night.

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd."

"Perfect. Okay, next word. Um, Darach," Once that name flew out of Stiles' mouth, Alec glared at the back of Stiles' head. "Darach, it's a noun." Scott gave him the same look she was giving him. "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not?" He noticed how Scott looked and stopped talking about it. "Next word...Intransigent."

"Stubborn, obstinate."

Alex snorted, tapping Stiles on the head to gesture to him. The bus went over a bump which resulted in Scott groaning.

"Oh, buddy, you okay?" Stiles asked his best friend, worriedly. "We shouldn't have come. I knew it. We shouldn't have come."

"We had to. There's safety in numbers," Scott stated, wincing, and Alex nodded, understanding where he was coming from.

"Yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called a massacre... or bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery, wow, that's..." Scott groaned, cutting him off, and Stiles said, "All right, Scott, I'm telling coach that..."