Chapter 28: "Can't Stop the Feeling"

Bridget smiled nervously at Gristle as he came to her.

"Lady Glittersparkles?" he asked.

"What?" Chef questioned.

Bridget skated toward him as the trolls retracted their hair and she helped them on the table.

"But how? Why? Why did you do this?" Gristle asked.

"Because she didn't think you would want someone like her," Poppy answered.

"I mean, hello? Is it me you're looking for? I don't think so," Bridget said sadly.

"Guards, finish her!" Chef demanded.

"No," Gristle said worriedly.

"Wait! King Gristle, when you were with Bridget, you were feeling something, weren't you?" Jamie asked.

"Yeah, I was. I just thought it was too much pizza," Gristle answered.

"Me, too," Bridget agreed.

"That feeling? That was happiness," Poppy said.

"What?" the Bergens asked.

"But you have to eat a troll to be happy. Everyone knows that! Don't you?" Bibbly pointed out.

"But King Gristle's never eaten a troll in his life, right?" Poppy asked.

"No, I haven't. Yet, here I am. My belly empty...and my heart full," Gristle smiled, putting the rollerblade on Bridget's foot and held her hands.

All the Bergens awed at the moment and the trolls smiled. Branch put an arm around Jamie as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Don't listen to them! There's only one way to be happy. My way!" the Chef remarked, shoving the two Bergens apart.

"No!" Bridget yelled.

"With me in charge," Chef said, sent Branch in the air, and grabbed him as she continued, "I'll serve you troll every day of the year."

She put the king's head on the table, put Branch in front of his face, and opened the king's mouth with his tongue sticking out. When Jamie tried to get to him, Chef grabbed her and held her up high.

"With me as queen, all of life will be a never-ending feast of happiness!" Chef yelled as Branch tried to escape.

She blocked his path with the butcher knife and he tripped and landed on Gristle's tongue.

"Come on, eat! Eat!" Chef commanded.

Gristle's tongue started to retract and Branch screamed.

"No!" Jamie yelled and bit Chef's finger.

Chef let her go and Jamie ran then got Branch off Gristle's tongue.

"Happiness isn't something you put inside. It's already there," Poppy stated.

"Sometimes you just need someone to help you find it," Jamie added as she helped Branch up.

Then all the Bergens started asking if they could be happy, making the Chef start to feel like she was out of a job.

"Do you really think I can be happy?" Bibbly asked.

"Of course! It's inside you! It's inside of all of us! And I don't think it. I feel it!" Jamie said.

[Jamie:]
"I got this feeling inside my bones
It goes electric wavy when I turn it on"
[Branch:]
"And if you want it
Inside your soul"
[Both:]
"Just open up your heart
Let music take control