Chapter 25: Bridget is Risking Her Life

The rumbling continued as the lid started to open. Poppy comforted the Troll children while Jamie and Branch held each other in their arms. When the lid was off, instead of the chef, they saw Bridget.

"Poppy! Jamie!" she said.

"Bridget?" both princesses questioned.

They could all hear the Bergens chant "Trolls" from outside. Bridget held out her hand and the sisters walked on it.

"What are you doing?" Poppy asked.

"I can't let them eat you," Bridget answered.

"But..." Poppy and Jamie whispered.

"Come on! You gotta go! Hurry! Go, go, go! Get out of here!" Bridget urged as she got the trolls out of the pot and they ran for the Troll Tree.

"No! Bridget, if you go in there without us, you know what they'll do," Jamie pointed out.

"I know," Bridget understood.

"But, Bridget..." Poppy objected.

"It's okay. It's okay, guys. You showed me what it feels like to be happy. I never would have known if it wasn't for you. And I love you both for that," Bridget explained.

"We love you too, Bridget," Poppy responded.

"We do," Jamie added.

"Bridget!" Chef screeched.

Bridget started to go inside.

"Go on, now. You have to hurry!" she said.

"Come with us," Poppy offered.

"And make it easier for them to find you? No way! You have to go. Now!" Bridget answered, about to close the door.

"Bridget!" Poppy and Jamie called, stopping her for a minute.

She gently pushed the two princesses back and they hugged her fingers with broken hearts. They parted and looked at her sadly.

"Bye, Poppy. Bye, Jamie," Bridget whispered and closed the door.

Jamie and Poppy felt bad about leaving, but they had to get back to the others. So they ran to the Troll Tree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N The trolls are free, but Bridget is in danger for letting them go. What now?