Chapter 8: "Sound of Silence"

It was dark out and Branch set up a fire and his sleeping bag while Jamie and Poppy were setting up leaves for them to sleep. Jamie was in between Branch and Poppy. They both couldn't sleep and Poppy pulled out a picture of Creek and extended it to show the rest of her and Jamie's friends. Jamie looked at the pics as well.

"So special," they both said.

"Good night, Cooper," Jamie started.

"Good night, Smidge," Poppy added.

"Good night, Fuzzbert," Jamie remarked.

"Good night, Satin," Poppy stated.

"Good night, Chenille," Jamie added.

"Good night, Biggie," Poppy remarked.

"Good night, DJ," Jamie stated.

"Good night, Guy Diamond," Poppy said.

"Good night, Creek. Boop," Jamie giggled, poking the picture lightly.

"And good night, Poppy. Good night, Jamie," Branch remarked.

Jamie went in her little bed and laid down, looking at the stars, as was Poppy. Then their hug timers went off. They hugged then looked at Branch.

"Don't even think about it," Branch warned.

Their alarms closed and they went back to their sleeping bags and looked at the stars again.

"Stars shining bright above you," they sang.

"Really? Seriously? More singing?" Branch asked, looking at them.

"Yes, seriously! Singing helps us relax. Maybe you ought to try it," Poppy suggested.

"Yeah. I've never heard you sing before," Jamie added.

"I don't sing, and I don't relax. This is the way I am, and I like it. I also like a little silence," Branch snapped then laid back down.

Poppy and Jamie looked at each other then Poppy gave Jamie her guitar. She played it, making Branch turn around, and both sisters started singing.

[Poppy:]
"Hello Darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again"

[Spider:]
"Hello."

[Jamie:]
"Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping"

[Both + Company:]
"And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound...of silence"

Jamie finished playing, making Branch stand up with a smile.

"May I?" he asked.

Jamie gave it to him, he tossed it in the fire, then laid back down. Poppy and Jamie just looked at the fire until they laid down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well, they are resting for the next day and Jamie and Poppy are trying to get Branch to sing. Will he eventually?