Chapter 26: The Bergens Deserve to Be Happy

The Bergens continued to chant "Trolls" then cheered when they saw Bridget enter with the pot.

"Wait! Chef, shouldn't we wait for Lady Glittersparkles?" Gristle asked, making Bridget stop.

"Oh, you are absolutely right," Che agreed then announced, "Now, everyone, there will be no trolls until the king's plus one has arrived."

"Boo!" the Bergens objected.

"We've waited long enough!" one shouted.

Bridget sighed sadly, knowing she wouldn't be with the king, but she knew she did the right thing.

"Unless..." Chef started.

"Unless what?" Gristle asked.

"Well, unless she doesn't come at all. But that's crazy talk. Who wouldn't wanna be with you?" Chef pointed out.

The Bergens started to whisper among themselves and Gristle thought she wouldn't come.

"Yeah. Maybe we should start," he answered.

The Bergens cheered and started chanting again.

Meanwhile, the trolls were chanting the same thing the Bergens chanted as they ran in the escape tunnels. Poppy, Jamie, and Branch were making sure everyone made it inside.

"Go! Come on. Hurry! Come on. Everybody, let's go," Poppy urged.

"No Troll left behind!" Jamie said.

"Watch your step," Branch warned.

Just before they went in, Jamie couldn't take her eyes off the palace.

"Jamie?" Branch asked.

She turned to him and her sister and said, "Bridget just ruined her life to save ours. It's not right!"

"Yeah. She deserves to be happy as much as we do," Poppy added.

"They all do! Branch, can you go get the others?" Jamie requested.

"Yeah. I'll be right back," Branch assured, kissed Jamie's cheek, and ran to get the others.

"What's your plan, Jamie?" Poppy asked.

"We're gonna save Bridget and bring happiness to Bergen Town," Jamie answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Will Jamie's plan work?