Chapter 18: Branch is Passionate About Romance

Bridget and Gristle arrived, ordered a pizza, and sat down as the worker came with it.

"Enjoy your pizza. Here's your tokens," he said, tossing them the tokens.

He walked off, leaving the Bergens alone.

"Ooh, so fancy. Good thing I brought my appetite," Bridget said flirtatiously.

They both reached for the same slice and their fingers touched. They looked into each other's eyes and everything seemed to go in slow motion until Bridget smacked his hand away, making him yelp, and she devoured the slice.

"You are fantastic!" Gristle complemented.

"Bridget! Compliment him back!" Poppy said.

"I like your back," Bridget replied.

"No! She meant say something nice about him," Jamie corrected.

"But I do like his back," Bridget insisted.

"Huh?" Gristle questioned.

"Um..." Bridget stuttered.

"Poppy, Jamie, help her," Branch said.

"Your eyes...They're...Ugh..." Poppy started, but couldn't continue since she didn't like Gristle's eyes.

"Ooh! Your ears..." Jamie decided.

"Your eyes...ears..." Bridget repeated.

"Nose!" Biggie suggested.

"Skin!" Satin and Chenille added.

"Neck!" DJ exclaimed.

"Skin, neck, ears, nose...face, back of your head," Bridget continued.

"Are you okay?" Gristle asked.

"Your teeth," Guy Diamond sang.

"Teeth," Bridget tried to mimic.

"What's going on? Are you making fun of me?" Gristle demanded, about to leave.

"Your eyes! They're like...two pools, so deep...I fear if I dive in..." Bridget started.

"I might never come up for air," Branch told her.

"I might never come up for air," Bridget repeated.

Jamie and Poppy looked to see Branch telling her what to say. Poppy lightly pushed Jamie closer and backed away and Jamie just smiled at his words.

"And your smile...The sun itself turns jealous...and refuses to come out from behind the clouds..." Branch continued.

"Knowing it cannot shine half as bright," Bridget finished.

"I kinda do have a nice smile, don't I?" Gristle smiled.

"Yes, you do," Branch told Bridget to say, looking and smiling at Jamie.

Jamie blushed (once again, you couldn't tell), sat beside him, and kissed his cheek.

"Are you sure you're not passionate about romance?" she whispered.

Branch chuckled, put an arm around her, kissed her forehead, and held her close.

'I am when I'm with you,' he thought to himself.

"I can't believe I'm about to say this..." Bridget remarked.

"Guys, she's going rogue!" Biggie panicked.

"But being here with you today makes me realize that true happiness is possible," Bridget confessed.

"Whoa," Poppy and Jamie whispered.

"It is! True happiness is a lot closer than you think. It's right here," Gristle said, putting his hands on his heart.

He then revealed his green jeweled locket he had, which was what he was indicating.

"Mmm. That's pretty, I guess," Bridget commented.

"What do you think now?" Gristle asked, opening it.

Then out popped Creek.

"Creek?" Branch questioned.

"I knew he was alive!" Jamie exclaimed.

"Mr. Dinkles, he's alive!" Biggie cheered as did the others.

"Oh, snap!" Mr. Dinkles said in a deep voice.

WAIT, WHAT?! The Trolls gasped at this.

"You just talked!" Biggie whispered, still in shock.

Mr. Dinkles just squeaked.

To be honest, Branch wasn't all that thrilled that Creek was alive. Because of him being gone, he and Jamie could be together. But she still cared for Creek; it wouldn't be good for him to wish that.

"I've been savoring this little guy," Gristle stated.

"Help!" Creek begged.

"Uh..." Bridget stammered.

"Mercy!" Creek remarked as he was shoved back in the locket.

"Tell me, my lady, will I be seeing you at the Trollstice feast?" Gristle asked.

"Well, duh. I'll be working," Bridget answered.

"It!" Poppy and Jamie said.

"It. Working it. You know...workin' it," Bridget recovered and danced in place to make her point.

"Yeah! You're not kidding, you will. Because you're gonna be there as my plus one," Gristle stated.

"Really?" Bridget responded.

"Assuming you'll say yes?" Gristle asked.

"Yes!" she answered.

"Yes!" he cheered.

"Yes!" as did the Trolls.

"In the meantime, maybe we should find some other way to...work up an appetite," Gristle suggested.

"Oh, yeah? What did you have in mind?" Bridget smirked, as did Gristle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Aww! Jamie and Branch! I seriously can't take it!