Chapter 21: Attempting to Save Creek

King Gristle went in his room and changed into workout attire.

"We can do this, Barnabus. I just have to lose 30 pounds in the next eight hours," he told his pet.

He put a workout tape in his tape mixer, put the headphones on, pushed play, and began running on his treadmill. He didn't notice the Trolls open the door and look around the room. Jamie then spotted the green jeweled locket on the bed.

"There it is!" she informed.

"Oh...I feel good, I feel good, I feel good," Gristle sang.

The Trolls made it to the locket and Branch attempted to get it off the cape.

"Creek, we'll have you out of there in a second," Jamie assured.

"Hurry!" the others urged.

"It's stuck!" Branch said.

Then they heard growling and turned to see Barnabus, towering over them and growling.

"Run!" Poppy and Jamie yelled.

All the Trolls scattered as Barnabus tried to get them.

"I feel love," Gristle sang then took a swig of his drink, not paying attention to what was going on behind him.

Finally, the Trolls had the locket and made their way to the rollerblade Gristle had.

They all made it on and Barnabus leapt at them, making them go forward and into the hallway with Gristle's pet still behind them.

"Everybody hold on!" Poppy yelled.

"Hold it steady, guys," Biggie said.

As they made it to a dead end, Poppy saw a way to go right.

"Satin, Chenille, sharp right!" she stated.

"Let's do it!" Satin shouted and launched Chenille to the light.

They made the turn, but Barnabus was still on their tails.

"Guy Diamond, glitter him!" Jamie instructed.

"Eat glitter!" Guy Diamond sang, leapt towards the wheel while holding onto the lace, and let his butt drag on it.

This made Barnabus wipeout and when Guy Diamond got back up, his butt cheeks were just silver. Then they all screamed when they were heading toward a mop sign that would launch them toward the window.

"Hold on!" Poppy said.

They went up, but it made them let go of the locket and it landed in Barnabus' mouth, making him choke.

"Creek!" Jamie exclaimed.

He rammed into the wall, making him spit the jewel out and fly towards the Trolls in midair. Jamie got a determined look, jumped towards the jewel, and grabbed it.

"Branch!" she called.

Both of them launched their hair and they gripped each other until Branch pulled her back on the rollerblade. Then they all screamed as they crashed through another window and different floors of the palace. They crashed and the locket was in the air.

"Gotcha," Jamie said as both she and Branch caught it.

They put it down and they all gathered around to see Creek. But when Jamie opened it, he wasn't there.

"Huh? No! He can't be gone," Jamie said as tears started to form.

"I'm sorry, Jamie. We're too late," Branch replied, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Actually, your timing is perfect!" Chef smirked as she trapped them in a cage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N They were captured again! And what happened to Creek?