Chapter 10: Arriving in Bergen Town

The next day, the three Trolls made it to the escape tunnels.

"So one of these tunnels leads to the Troll Tree," Poppy guessed.

"That's right," Branch confirmed.

"There's so many of them. I wonder which one," Jamie said.

"I don't know," Branch responded.

"Choose a hole wisely! For one will lead to Bergen Town, and the others, to certain death," a deep voice bellowed.

The three Trolls looked around to find the source of the voice.

"Who said that?" Branch demanded.

"It was..." the voice remarked, a cloud with purple arm and legs with socks appeared and said, "me. Hey, guys, how's it going? Welcome to the root tunnels. Uh, I just wanted to warn you. One of these tunnels leads to the Troll Tree, and the others to certain death, death, death, death..."

He did that for dramatic effect but the others just looked at each other in confusion.

"Do you think you can tell us which is the right one?" Poppy asked.

"You bet!" the cloud answered.

"Great!" Poppy and Jamie responded.

"No, that's okay. We're fine, thanks!" Branch declined, trying to urge the girls towards the tunnels.

"Branch," Poppy said, chuckled nervously, then whispered as they pulled him over, "He's trying to help us."

"I don't like the looks of him. I mean, who wears socks with no shoes?" Branch pointed out as they looked at the cloud, who was picking his teeth then waved at them.

(A/N Does anyone else raise their hand at that question? 😂)

Jamie silently giggled to herself at the comment then calmed down to get to the matter at hand.

"He seems to know what he's talking about," Jamie said.

"Okay, fine," Branch groaned, knowing he couldn't say no to Jamie, then asked the cloud, "Which way do we go?"

"First, you have to give me a high five. Then I'll tell you," the cloud answered, holding his hand up.

"What?" Branch questioned.

"Oh, I love high fives. I'll do it," Poppy volunteered.

"Same here," Jamie offered excitedly.

"Oh, I know you two will do it. But will he?" the cloud said then replied to Branch, "All right, dumpy diapers, up high!"

"Nope, I don't do high fives," Branch refused.

"Slap it, boss," the cloud remarked.

"Not gonna happen," Branch shook his head.

"Party on the top floor," the cloud urged.

"Nope," Branch declined.

"Little slappy. Make daddy happy?" the cloud asked.

"That's weird," Branch stated.

"Come on, just one little high five," the cloud replied.

"Oh, no, thanks. I'm good," Branch responded.

"Here, just do this...But with your hand," the cloud demonstrated, high-fiving himself.

"Thank you for that demonstration. Really cleared up exactly what I will not be doing," Branch still refused.

Jamie continued to hold in her laughter as she commented, "Why am I enjoying this?"

This made Branch give her a "Seriously?" look.

"Branch, it's a high five. The others lead to certain death. Get perspective," Poppy remarked.

Branch looked at her then Jamie, who nodded.

He sighed then asked, "One high five and then you'll tell us which tunnel to take, right?"

"So easy," the cloud whispered.

Branch groaned and said, "Okay, fine!"

He went for it, but the cloud moved his hand out of the way.

"Ooh. Too slow," the cloud said.

"Too slow?" Branch questioned angrily.

The cloud, Poppy, and Jamie just snickered.

"Classic," Poppy commented.

"No, no. All right. I'm gonna let you slide with a fist bump," the cloud said.

When Branch went for the fist bump, the cloud did different motions around Branch's fist.

"Whoo. Shark attack! Nom-nom-nom-nom. Jellyfish! Hand sandwich. Turkey. Snowman. Dolphin. Helicopter. Last Supper. Monkey in a zoo," the cloud remarked.

"What?" Branch asked.

"Gear shift," the cloud states and did the sound effects for it.

Branch was getting really agitated while the cloud, Jamie, and Poppy laughed. Branch looked at the girls angrily, making them be quiet.

"Okay, okay, okay. Now I'm thinking we hug," the cloud suggested.

Branch took a stick and broke it in half angrily. The cloud turned nervous, making himself thunder and rain. Then Branch, armed with the sticks, chased the cloud while Jamie and Poppy chased Branch. They chased each other through the largest tunnel.

"That's right. You better run, Cloud!" Branch yelled.

"Wait!" the girls shouted.

"I'm gonna tear your little cloud arms off your cloud body, and high five your face with them!" Branch threatened.

"He's just a cloud!" Poppy said.

"Get back here!" Branch commanded.

"Branch! He can help us!" Jamie begged.

"Come back!" Branch remarked.

"Run, Cloud Guy!" both girls warned.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Branch stated.

"Ta-da! We're here!" the cloud said, making everyone stop with confusion, then the cloud said as he left, "Phew. You guys are a lot of fun. You know, I gotta go. Got some cloud stuff to take care of. Catch you on the way back? Unless...you die."

The three Trolls looked at each other then around to see where they were.

"The Troll Tree," Poppy replied.

"Bergen Town," Jamie and Branch whispered.

They looked to see the Troll Tree almost dead and then saw all the Bergens, walking along and singing grumpily.

[Bergens:]
"I ain't happy I'm feeling glad
I got sunshine in a bag
I'm useless but not for long
The future is coming on
I ain't happy I'm feeling glad
I got sunshine in a bag
I'm useless but not for long
The future is coming on
is coming on is coming on
Coming on is coming on
is coming on is coming on"

"Wow! They're as miserable as you," Poppy commented to Branch.

Jamie elbowed her, making her rub her arm in pain and mouth "What?"

"That means they haven't eaten a Troll yet. Now, come on. Let's go save our friends," Jamie urged.

"Your friends," Branch commented.

"Our friends. Don't fight it," Jamie stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N They made it, now will they rescue their friends?